Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  

Go Back   > >

Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

User Tag List

Old 09-10-06, 11:36 PM   #1
dauphin

Bikes:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Nice Sunday ride...

Rode for 52 miles today on a course that had 4200 feet of climbing. The weather was nice, not too hot. A couple with really fancy bikes tried to drop me, but I managed to stay fairly close to them. They were in really good shape...*huffing and puffing here*. At least it gave me an excuse to work a little bit harder. The whole thing took me 3 hrs and 40 minutes. I figure that's not too bad for a beginner. All in all, it was a good day, but I still miss my partner very much. I hope her knee gets better soon...
dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-06, 11:51 PM   #2
CrossChain

Bikes:
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dauphin
I hope her knee gets better soon...
+1. Good wishes for her continued and speedy recovery. A short pie spin maybe next Saturday?
CrossChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-06, 01:06 AM   #3
cyclezen
OM boy

Bikes: a bunch
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dauphin
Rode for 52 miles today on a course that had 4200 feet of climbing. The weather was nice, not too hot. A couple with really fancy bikes tried to drop me, but I managed to stay fairly close to them. They were in really good shape...*huffing and puffing here*. At least it gave me an excuse to work a little bit harder. The whole thing took me 3 hrs and 40 minutes. I figure that's not too bad for a beginner. All in all, it was a good day, but I still miss my partner very much. I hope her knee gets better soon...
Cool! ...some quick math ... at an arbitrary 7% grade avg, that means you did 11.36 miles of climbing, a solid chunk... 3 hrs 40 minutes, very respectable! so what was your favorite gear today?

sorry to hear seafoam is still on the recovery list. Is she at least able to get out for a light and easy low gear spin on the flat?
cyclezen is offline   Reply With Quote