Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice Sunday ride...

Rode for 52 miles today on a course that had 4200 feet of climbing. The weather was nice, not too hot. A couple with really fancy bikes tried to drop me, but I managed to stay fairly close to them. They were in really good shape...*huffing and puffing here*. At least it gave me an excuse to work a little bit harder. The whole thing took me 3 hrs and 40 minutes. I figure that's not too bad for a beginner. All in all, it was a good day, but I still miss my partner very much. I hope her knee gets better soon...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dauphin
    I hope her knee gets better soon...
    +1. Good wishes for her continued and speedy recovery. A short pie spin maybe next Saturday?
    Riding and aging don't get easier, you just get slower at slowing down.] (FiftyPlus observation inspired by G. Lemond.)

My Bikes
    a bunch
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dauphin
    Rode for 52 miles today on a course that had 4200 feet of climbing. The weather was nice, not too hot. A couple with really fancy bikes tried to drop me, but I managed to stay fairly close to them. They were in really good shape...*huffing and puffing here*. At least it gave me an excuse to work a little bit harder. The whole thing took me 3 hrs and 40 minutes. I figure that's not too bad for a beginner. All in all, it was a good day, but I still miss my partner very much. I hope her knee gets better soon...
    Cool! ...some quick math ... at an arbitrary 7% grade avg, that means you did 11.36 miles of climbing, a solid chunk... 3 hrs 40 minutes, very respectable! so what was your favorite gear today?

sorry to hear seafoam is still on the recovery list. Is she at least able to get out for a light and easy low gear spin on the flat?