User Tag List

My Bikes
    Mecian
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh The Humanity!

Drat. the weather forecast for this Saturday's Pie Ride is for Rain/snow and very windy! Whats an younger over 50 to do? Help! Can I ride my trainer and eat my wife's home-made strawberry pie in my living room and still take credit for the pie ride? Do I have to go out into the first winter weather of the season?
    Recycle, Reclaim, Reuse and Repair
    The 4 Rs to save the planet

"Toes"

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howsteepisit
    Drat. the weather forecast for this Saturday's Pie Ride is for Rain/snow and very windy! Whats an younger over 50 to do? Help! Can I ride my trainer and eat my wife's home-made strawberry pie in my living room and still take credit for the pie ride? Do I have to go out into the first winter weather of the season?
    You lucky devil- Some of us are struggling to get the bike out of the shed with losing 4lbs in sweat. Then there is the ride where we have to keep stopping at cafes for refreshment and if you are stopping for coffee- then a bun or a doughnut does not go out of place either. So we then have to finish the ride with a non-stop 20 miles in the excrutiating heat to burn off the calories that we have eaten.

In answer to your question- YES. Unless the snow is above the height of the pedals and will make your feet cold.

Edit---- Was just about to get the bike out of the shed for a cooler evening ride and Big flashes of lighting and plenty of thunder- I just wish it was snow then I could get some decent photos up on the hills
    Last edited by stapfam; 09-13-06 at 11:28 AM.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Snow !?! WTF! You need to move south.
    My wife is a redhead too.

sch
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Montanans are supposed to be able to handle this. Piece of cake and all that. www.icebike.com might be a useful site.

South of Raleigh, North of New Hill, East of Harris Lake, NC
    My Bikes
    Giant OCR-C, Specialized Tarmac, Specialized Stumpjumper FSR, Stumpjumper Comp, 05 Rockhopper, 88 & 92Nishiki Ariel, 01 Bianchi Campione, 87 Centurion Ironman, 92 Paramount, 97 Lemond
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That reminds me, I still have to find a diner that sells pie. Everything here is either fast food or chicken and bisquets.
    Roccobike BF Official Thread Terminator