User Tag List

My Bikes
    Specialized Roubaix
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tailoring bike shorts

Have any of you gotten your bike shorts altered. I just got 2 pair of bike shorts, one pair is only a month old and the other, maybe two. They are just starting to get lose and I'd like a little snugger fit if I can. Thanks George
    George

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I shorten the straps on my bibs after a while...usually about an inch or inch and a half.

My Bikes
    a bunch
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by George McClusky
    Have any of you gotten your bike shorts altered. I just got 2 pair of bike shorts, one pair is only a month old and the other, maybe two. They are just starting to get lose and I'd like a little snugger fit if I can. Thanks George
    "They are just starting to get lose and I'd like a little snugger fit if I can."
    woohoo! don't worry, be happy!
    As for 'tailoring' lycra - certainly not an easy job, neither flatlock or overlock machines, nor their skilled operators, are that common. Prolly better off getting some newer ones closer to what you want for 'fit'. Save these for those inclement day rides or they (shorts) do make good undergarments under Moto Leathers. Use em in the gym/basement/garage for doing rainy, winter days on the stationary bike.
    Halloween's comin up, time to get creative

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't try and alter lycra. Now you have either lost weight since buying them- or you did not at the time want the tight fitting form to show off your assets. Weight loss is not a problem as you will put bulk back on as muscle. If they did not fit in the first place- then you have found out that clothing has to be tried on before buying. Either way- you have a choice- Buy again or put on weight.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd celebrate my weight loss by treating myself to new shorts!

My Bikes
    Airborne, LeMond, Bianchi CX, Volae Century, Redline 925 (fixed) and a Burley Tandem.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by George McClusky
    I really, really hate you.
    Carpe who?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Suspenders???