Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Thread: Local views

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Local views

One of the pop ups that appears is local to me and is the Cuckmere cycling centre. It is a local bike hire shop and has some very appealing pictures of the local 7 Sisters area. The 7 sisters are a range of chalk cliffs in the sea. There are- or probably were- 7 of theses peaks but the coast line is eroding fast.

Be honest and the pictures are not that good but can give you an insight to one of my local areas. Don't know where some of the pictures are from, but some interesting scenery- but as they are into bike hire- They don't show the interesting bits like the 15% hills or the deep mud on the gnarly descents that I look on as the highlights of the area.

http://www.cuckmere-cycle.co.uk/postcards/default.asp
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

My Bikes
    2005 Surly LHT; 2006 Surly CrossCheck with Extracycle; 1987 Schwinn World Sport as urban cruiser
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen lots of pictures of chalk cliffs from SW England. Are these 7 sisters different from the White Cliffs of Dover? Guess I should probably go sort out the geography on my own but there are miles & miles of these along the Channel, yes?
    centexwoody
    They're beautiful handsome machines that translate energy into joy.

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by centexwoody
    I've seen lots of pictures of chalk cliffs from SW England. Are these 7 sisters different from the White Cliffs of Dover? Guess I should probably go sort out the geography on my own but there are miles & miles of these along the Channel, yes?
    Along the South coast there are two ranges of Chalk hills. One is the North Downs And the the other is the South Downs. Imaginative naming but they are seperated by about 60 miles and they run east to west. The South downs are where I live and the run from Devon and drop into the sea at Eastbourne. The North Downs run just south of London and drop into the sea at Dover. Not a great deal of difference between the two and once you've seen one chalk cliff- you've seen them all. Difference is that the North downs have a lot more tree covering and the South Downs are a bit sparce of anything except Grass and Thorn bushes. A few woods in the sheltered valleys but that is about all.

Couple of pics to show how desolate the South downs can be, but fantastic riding on the Hills- providing you like hills and I am going off them at present
    Attached Images Attached Images
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

My Bikes
    Seven Ti Tandem, Blue T12 tri bike, 92 Paramount, 93 Schwinn Mesa MTB, Trek 520 tourer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I knew we had something in common.......those pictures look just like some places I know in the Texas panhandle.
    Most economic fallacies derive from the tendency to assume that there is a fixed pie, that one party can gain only at the expense of another.....Milton Friedman

Ol' Paint
    My Bikes
    90s(?)Bianchi Advantage, '68 Raleigh Grand Prix, 80s(?) Raleigh Gran Sport mixte, '95 Schwinn Clear Creek, '88(?) Fuji, '69 Schwinn Flyer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely stunning countryside! No wonder you are always eager to be out riding.
    "In my cathedral,
    colored glass holds no candle to
    sunlight through trees."
    -- Leon Briggs

My Bikes
    Merlin Extralight Topolino Wheels Campy Record
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Monoborracho
    I knew we had something in common.......those pictures look just like some places I know in the Texas panhandle.
    They look like some places in Wyoming but too many trees