I need more cowbell. Digital Gee's Avatar
    My Bikes
    2012 Masi Evoluzione, 2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PERFECT Ride For The Pie weather!

Today I took one last practice Ride for Pie before tomorrow's big international event, and was so excited that the weather has decided to be perfect for the ride. 68 degrees, winds at about 10 mph, cloud cover, and the scent of autumn in the air. September and October are my favorite months in San Diego, and after one of the hottest summers on record, it's good to be back in normal temperatures!

I believe I've trained properly for tomorrow's ride; I'm stoked and the bike is ready, the pie awaits. Away!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Visit my blog! The Leadership Almanac
    2012 Masi Evoluzione
    2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2

Proud member of the original Club Tombay

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One Question....

I'm in the South now. Does a Moon Pie count? Most here would say yes.

My Bikes
    2005 Surly LHT; 2006 Surly CrossCheck with Extracycle; 1987 Schwinn World Sport as urban cruiser
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moon Pies lack 'elan!

"Beerenkuchen mit schlagsahne, bitte"
    I too am looking forward to pie tomorrow: unfortunately I've not found a single fellow rider willing or available to ride 25 km to get pie. At least I've located at least 3 konditorei bakeries that have fresh seasonal berries baked into their pies this week...
    centexwoody
    They're beautiful handsome machines that translate energy into joy.

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by centexwoody
    Moon Pies lack 'elan!

"Beerenkuchen mit schlagsahne, bitte"
    I too am looking forward to pie tomorrow: unfortunately I've not found a single fellow rider willing or available to ride 25 km to get pie. At least I've located at least 3 konditorei bakeries that have fresh seasonal berries baked into their pies this week...
    Can't relate to Germany- as I have never been there but if the GOOD bakeries over there are as Good as the GOOD French ones- You must be able to find something with fruit in it. If you can't- Just buy anything that takes your fancy and savour the experience.- And do the ride when you get back home.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

My Bikes
    2005 Surly LHT; 2006 Surly CrossCheck with Extracycle; 1987 Schwinn World Sport as urban cruiser
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes, the important axis of meaning for the day is PIE and then some sincere attempt to relate it to riding the bike will flow naturally under the influence of said pie...

The largest flea market in the state tomorrow just a few miles downrivere & I've agreed to ride to the mkt site and meet a colleague. Strolling the junk / treasure dealers for an hour will give my friend, a native, opportunity to contemplate the true gift of being fed pie on this auspicious occasion. That also means I'm assured of pie somewhere somehow whether I get to the miles tomorrow or Sunday...what do Germans drink with their pie?

The special summertime cyclists' drink is called 'ein Radler', literally 'a Cyclist' which is .5 liter stein of Koelsch beer with a healthy percentage of sprite added. Such tastes welcome after lunchtime and on into our warm evenings.
    centexwoody
    They're beautiful handsome machines that translate energy into joy.

My Bikes
    Douglas Precision Ti
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stapfam
    Can't relate to Germany- as I have never been there but if the GOOD bakeries over there are as Good as the GOOD French ones- You must be able to find something with fruit in it. If you can't- Just buy anything that takes your fancy and savour the experience.- And do the ride when you get back home.
    The one thing I miss about Louisville, Kentucky is the German bakeries. The Gluck, Heitzman, and Bruggensmith Bakeries were all marvelous places. Nothing in the world is better after Sunday Mass than a butter kuchen.
    Wag more, bark less

My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Artkansas
    One Question....

I'm in the South now. Does a Moon Pie count? Most here would say yes.
    If it's blueberry moon pie.

Be sure to drink RC Cola with it! (pronounced "ahruh-see")
    The more you ride your bike, the less your ass will hurt.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RC and Moon Pies, the breakfast of champions!

I just got some surprise marching orders for my ride. A leader of the Bicycle Advocacy of Central Arkansas just emailed me wanting to arrange a meeting 8 miles away from my house at a location serving pie. It's a sign from God.

Do I use too many commas?
    My Bikes
    Giant Yukon SE
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Y'all are in the south. There should be pecan pie, chocolate pie, cream pie, apple, ...

Wait a minute! I don't remember seeing berry pies during the years I worked in the south!

South of Raleigh, North of New Hill, West of Harris Lake, NC
    My Bikes
    Giant OCR-C, Specialized Tarmac, Specialized Stumpjumper FSR, Stumpjumper Comp, 05 Rockhopper, 88 & 92Nishiki Ariel, 01 Bianchi Campione, 87 Centurion Ironman, 92 Paramount, 97 Lemond
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BluesDawg
    If it's blueberry moon pie.

Be sure to drink RC Cola with it! (pronounced "ahruh-see")
    I don't think moon pies come in blueberry. But you beat me to it when it came to the 'RC Cola' and how to pronounce it.
    Roccobike BF Official Thread Terminator