OnTheRoad or AtTheBeach stonecrd's Avatar
    My Bikes
    Ridley Noah RS, Scott CR1 Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wish I had my bike

I'm out in El Dorado Hills, CA this week on business and the weather is magnificant. I went to lunch today and sitting outside a deli was a 50pluser eating his lunch in full kit. Next to him was a nice Trek 5000 with all of the do dads and clearly looked ridden. My only thought was 'I sure wish I was him' Oh well, I grab the red eye tomorrow night so I should get a ride in on Friday. It's tough when the real world intrudes on your biking.
    The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard and the shallow end is much too large

2013 Noah RS

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stonecrd
    It's tough when the real world intrudes on your biking.
    Amen! I hear ya.
    A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking. - S. Wright
    Favorite rides in the stable: Indy Fab CJ Ti - Colnago MXL - S-Works Roubaix - Habanero Team Issue - Jamis Eclipse carbon/831

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stonecrd
    I'm out in El Dorado Hills, CA this week on business and the weather is magnificant. I went to lunch today and sitting outside a deli was a 50pluser eating his lunch in full kit. Next to him was a nice Trek 5000 with all of the do dads and clearly looked ridden. My only thought was 'I sure wish I was him' Oh well, I grab the red eye tomorrow night so I should get a ride in on Friday. It's tough when the real world intrudes on your biking.
    Wow, just down the road a bit from me. It has been nice riding weather.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whenever I see a road cyclist -- or any cyclist for that matter -- when I'm away from home/bike, I freak out. Unless I'm on my way to pick up a massive lottery check, I wish I was out there with them!

My least favorite time is when I'm stuck in traffic, and I see some riders going across a bridge that spans the freeway.

My Bikes
    Trek 1500, Trek 7300FX, Cannondale RT3000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's even worse when you see your bike hanging in the garage every night after a twelve hour shift (for the last six or eight weeks, I lost count) and you're too pooped to pedal. I've only been able to ride on weekends lately. And then only if it hasn't been raining.