Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not superstitious... but

What does this mean? On my drive to work today I was listening to American electric blues guitar great Johnny Winter, who happens to be albino. This afternoon on my afterwork ride, I see an albino squirrel and two or three miles later and albino snake. I'm thinking, "What are the odds?" Twenty minutes later I see a dead black cat along the side of the road. I'm thinking this is all pretty weird, when I notice that there's something wrong with my bike. It's making a click/thunk noise. I pull over and find that the bottom bracket is not tight and moving around a bit. Don't have the tools to tighten it with me, but think I can nurse it home. Then I remember that I've been through two carbon fiber frames this year. The first one de-laminated where? Yep, the bottom bracket. The second one the chain stay snapped, and where did this happen? About 500 yards from where I am. Now I'm a bit spooked. Felt a bit foolish, but I walked the remaining four miles home.
    A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking. - S. Wright
    Favorite rides in the stable: Indy Fab CJ Ti - Colnago MXL - S-Works Roubaix - Habanero Team Issue - Jamis Eclipse carbon/831

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NOS88
    Then I remember that I've been through two carbon fiber frames this year. The first one de-laminated where? Yep, the bottom bracket. The second one the chain stay snapped, and where did this happen? About 500 yards from where I am. Now I'm a bit spooked. Felt a bit foolish, but I walked the remaining four miles home.
    Don't believe in superstition but a 3rd frame would make me believe in it. Isn't it about time you changed your route if it causes you these problems?
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

My Bikes
    Not enough
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its bad luck to be superstitious.
    **Fate is a fickle thing, and in the end the true measure of a person is not fate itself, but how they master it**

My Bikes
    05' Specialized Sequoia Elite, Raleigh M40 Mountain Bike
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope for your sake that tomorrow's not Groundhogs Day.
    Specialized Sequoia Elite
    Ride On!

My Bikes
    Specialized Tarmac Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What does this mean? On my drive to work today I was listening to American electric blues guitar great Johnny Winter, who happens to be albino. This afternoon on my afterwork ride, I see an albino squirrel and two or three miles later and albino snake. I'm thinking, "What are the odds?" Twenty minutes later I see a dead black cat along the side of the road. I'm thinking this is all pretty weird, when I notice that there's something wrong with my bike. It's making a click/thunk noise. I pull over and find that the bottom bracket is not tight and moving around a bit. Don't have the tools to tighten it with me, but think I can nurse it home. Then I remember that I've been through two carbon fiber frames this year. The first one de-laminated where? Yep, the bottom bracket. The second one the chain stay snapped, and where did this happen? About 500 yards from where I am. Now I'm a bit spooked. Felt a bit foolish, but I walked the remaining four miles home.
    I recommend going back to bed and stay there until it feels safe to get up and out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, we are down to 8 planets. Be careful out there.

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Johnny Winter........wow..........that brings back memories of PJ and really smokey dorm room!!
    Ride your Ride!!

My Bikes
    Airborne, LeMond, Bianchi CX, Volae Century, Redline 925 (fixed) and a Burley Tandem.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What kind of snake?
    Carpe who?

My Bikes
    Specialized Tarmac Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What does this mean? On my drive to work today I was listening to American electric blues guitar great Johnny Winter, who happens to be albino.
    BTW, I saw Johnny live a few months ago at a small south LA club and he was still just fantastic. If he ever comes my way again I will travel at least 200 mi to see him

My Bikes
    2009 Spooky (cracked frame), 2006 Curtlo, 2002 Lemond (current race bike) Zurich, 1987 Serotta Colorado, 1986 Cannondale for commuting, a 1984 Cannondale on loan to my son
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I ain't superstitious
    But a black cat crossed my trail
    Well, I ain't superstitious
    But a black cat crossed my trail
    And don't you hit me wit' a broom
    It's a sign you may get in jail

-words by Willie Dixon/Sung by Howlin' Wolf
    I'm the world's forgotten boy. The one who's searchin', searchin' to destroy.

The Alta Loma area of Rancho Cucamonga. About 45 miles east of Los Angeles, California. Uphill, downhill and across hill riding; not too level!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stapfam
    Don't believe in superstition but a 3rd frame would make me believe in it. Isn't it about time you changed your route if it causes you these problems?
    I think it's about time he stopped riding carbon. . .
    I . . can . . . doooo . . . it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your luck is running out...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I’m not familiar precisely with exactly what I said, but I stand by what I said whatever it was.