Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Finally got a 95 Bianchi Roadie

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-06, 08:43 PM
Bike Junkie

Location: South of Raleigh, North of New Hill, East of Harris Lake, NC

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac, Specialized Roubaix, Giant OCR-C, Specialized Stumpjumper FSR, Stumpjumper Comp, 88 & 92Nishiki Ariel, 87 Centurion Ironman, 92 Paramount, 84 Nishiki Medalist

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked 37 Times in 27 Posts

Some may recall I posted pictures of a Bianchi mountain bike I picked up at a garage sale recently. Well, I knew I wanted a Bianch road bike and I'm tired of trying to find one at a garage sale. So when a lady co-worker with the same leg length as mine asked if I was interested in her Bianchi, I jumped at the opportunity. The price was high at $200. But I've yet to see a late model Bianchi in really nice condition sell for anything less than $350. So I took the plung.
It's a 95 Campione, the low end model. The frame is in excellent condition with very few paint scratches and no dents. The tubing is double butted, seamless Tange (not Reynolds, nuts!). It's a fourteen speed with downtube shifters. It's outfitted with Shimano RX100 groupo, nothing fantastic, but adequate. I've obtained a set of 8-speed, 105 brifters from a BF freind and I plan to replace the downtube shifters with them. I fixed the flat front tire in the pictures below and took it for my first spin around the block today. I saw a manhole cover and purposely ran it over just to see how the bike would feel. Geez Bianchi makes nice bikes, I could barely feel it going over the manhole cover. I don't know if this is going to replace the Cannondale, but I know I'm going to take this on a few rides as soon as I replace the stem with an adjustable stem so I can lift the bars. I'm sorry the pictures aren't any better, but I have not had time to clean the bike and take some nice ones.
Now if I could just wipe that grin off my face.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Bianchi Road.jpg (45.7 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg
Bianchi Road (1).jpg (47.3 KB, 43 views)
Old 09-24-06, 08:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Passione Celeste
Old 09-24-06, 09:12 PM
Desert tortise

Bikes: Ibex Corrida LT 4.4 (2003), 2006 Bianchi Vigorelli (Red)

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Welcome to the Bianchi fraternity. I've had my 06 Vigorelli for three weeks and I love it. Just curious, what is Tange? I tried wikipedia and came up with nothing.
Old 09-24-06, 10:31 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 4 Posts
Nice bike rocco. After all that searching this baby fell right into your lap. You just can't beat that celeste on a Bianchi.

I've got mine almost finished.
Old 09-24-06, 10:45 PM
sch

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 303 Post(s)
Liked 136 Times in 104 Posts
Tange is a Japanese tubing maker, generally middle grade frames.
Old 09-24-06, 11:13 PM
OM boy

Bikes: a bunch

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 517 Post(s)
Liked 644 Times in 438 Posts
Originally Posted by roccobike
... Well, I knew I wanted a Bianch road bike...
It's a 95 Campione, the low end model. The frame is in excellent condition with very few paint scratches and no dents. The tubing is double butted, seamless Tange (not Reynolds, nuts!)...
Dam Straight! SEG! And even though it ain't 'Columbus' (don't believe that Bianchi started using Reynolds until late 90's and into the new millenium) you won;t be disappointed by the Tange frame. SOme of the finest riding bikes I've ever had the joy to ride were Ishiwata and Tange frames. They, of course, made gaspipe in the mainstream bikes, as did all the tubing manus. But their mid and top level tubing was 2nd to none and in the right hands, made some fantastically responsive frames.
Enjoy that campione.
Old 09-25-06, 06:24 AM

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
SWEET ride. So, how did you know her leg length was the same as yours?
Old 09-25-06, 11:46 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Why would you want to? Great find!
Old 09-25-06, 06:15 PM
Bike Junkie

Location: South of Raleigh, North of New Hill, East of Harris Lake, NC

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac, Specialized Roubaix, Giant OCR-C, Specialized Stumpjumper FSR, Stumpjumper Comp, 88 & 92Nishiki Ariel, 87 Centurion Ironman, 92 Paramount, 84 Nishiki Medalist

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked 37 Times in 27 Posts
Originally Posted by NOS88
SWEET ride. So, how did you know her leg length was the same as yours?
After hitting the 'send' button, I re-read the post and kinda hoped that one would slip by. Actually I asked her for her inseam and it's about the same as mine. So it was real innocent.
Thanks to everyone for the nice comments. I think I'm really going to enjoy this bike.
Old 09-25-06, 07:19 PM

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
After hitting the 'send' button, I re-read the post and kinda hoped that one would slip by. Actually I asked her for her inseam and it's about the same as mine. So it was real innocent.
Thanks to everyone for the nice comments. I think I'm really going to enjoy this bike.
Never in a thousand years would I have ever thought of such a pick up line: "Hi, I'm wondering if you'd be kind enough to tell me your inseam length."