Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

My Bikes
    Airborne, LeMond, Bianchi CX, Volae Century, Redline 925 (fixed) and a Burley Tandem.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Made a bet with my buddy today......

I bet him a Frappacino that I could bunny hop from the street up onto the side walk (heh,heh,heh I'd been practicing my bunny hops and thought this was a sucker bet)

...... Clearly I was not ready for a bunny hop of this magnatude.............. Don't worry, I'll be OK....... Eventually ........... I think.
    Carpe who?

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some of us just never grow up..........but that just keeps us going longer than others!!!!!!!
    Ride your Ride!!

I need more cowbell. Digital Gee's Avatar
    My Bikes
    2012 Masi Evoluzione, 2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grampy™
    I bet him a Frappacino that I could bunny hop from the street up onto the side walk (heh,heh,heh I'd been practicing my bunny hops and thought this was a sucker bet)

...... Clearly I was not ready for a bunny hop of this magnatude.............. Don't worry, I'll be OK....... Eventually ........... I think.
    Thanks for my Chuckle 'o the Day!

Perhaps you should study the chart below before your next bet...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Visit my blog! The Leadership Almanac
    2012 Masi Evoluzione
    2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2

Proud member of the original Club Tombay

My Bikes
    Vintage Schwinns, Classy Cannondales, & an '83 Santana Tandem
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check your manufacturer's warning or somewhere in the warrenty. I bet it warns against doing "bunny hops and other animal behaviors." It's in very small print, so small that you haven't been able to read this size since you were 18--- and last tried to "bunny hop."
    Bob
    Dreaming of Summertime in NH!

Visit my websites:
    FreeWheelSpa.com orpastorbobnlnh.com

My Bikes
    Airborne, LeMond, Bianchi CX, Volae Century, Redline 925 (fixed) and a Burley Tandem.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Gee

Exactly what I had pictured in my head right before I crashed...... By the way Christine, the bike, came out unscathed as usual. This is like her 5th crash and not a mark on her. 'Corse that is why I call her Christine.
    Carpe who?

My Bikes
    Trek 1200c, BMC Streetfire, Gary Fisher Wahoo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, this sounds just like my bunny hop adventure on Sunday. The Blackstone Canal trail has a bridge that is actually about a 1 foot step up from the trail. Usually we just lift the bikes and walk them across, however for some reason I decided I was going to bunny hop onto the bridge. Now there are just a few problems with this:

1. I had never done a bunny hop before, just seen it on video.
    2. I had no idea what speed I needed.

Anyway I get up a pretty good head of steam and go for it, made it with the front wheel but not quite with the back. Fortunately, I had enough speed so that the back tire hit the edge and bounced up over. Didn't crash but did kinda bounce off the railing, continued on a did the drop off the other side. Then got the "You're not 20 anymore" lecture from the wife. Good thing MTBs are pretty bulletproof.

It's soooo much fun acting like a kid! I guess you might call that a slop hop.
    Tim
    Singing Do Wah Ditty, Ditty Dum Ditty Do

My Bikes
    Vintage Schwinns, Classy Cannondales, & an '83 Santana Tandem
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HopedaleHills
    Then got the "You're not 20 anymore" lecture from the wife.
    I just love those lectures from Ms. PB. Now my 8th grade daughter is starting to do the same. No relief in the PB household.
    Bob
    Dreaming of Summertime in NH!

Visit my websites:
    FreeWheelSpa.com orpastorbobnlnh.com

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorbobnlnh
    I just love those lectures from Ms. PB. Now my 8th grade daughter is starting to do the same. No relief in the PB household.
    My wife refuses to watch me riding a bike- First time she came to watch me at a race- she walked up into the Wooded section of the course that had a 12" log to get over. I had hopped it for the last 5 laps and no problems- Tried it the 6th lap - made a right mess of it right in front of the wife. Picked the bike up and carried on. Finished the race to get the lecture. I was covered in scratches- plenty of surface blood, but nothing serious, but luckily the bruises were hidden under the clothing.

Now out on our rides- Bunny hopping is necessary to get over the Rocks and obstacles and it is a matter of course- The best way to show off to your mates though is to ride alongside them and keep talking to them. You give them the good line up the track and you can see the smirk on their face you are heading for the Mud or the big Puddle. No problem- One big bunny hop into the middle of it and you find out how fast you can sprint to get away from your former friends.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

Banned
    My Bikes
    Ellsworth Id
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Gee

try this

http://www.ehow.com/how_14106_bunny-hop-mountain.html

How to Bunny Hop a Mountain Bike

Jumping both wheels off the ground at once will help you out of some tight jams and over many obstacles ' whether you're in the forest or the city.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HopedaleHills
    Wow, this sounds just like my bunny hop adventure on Sunday. The Blackstone Canal trail has a bridge that is actually about a 1 foot step up from the trail. Usually we just lift the bikes and walk them across, however for some reason I decided I was going to bunny hop onto the bridge. Now there are just a few problems with this:
    Actually I was trying to bunny hop onto the sidewalk while riding parallel to it...... I was trying to bunny hop sideways. As I said earlier.....CLEARLY this is beyond my abilities......
    Carpe who?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most cultured people know that bunny hops often lead to bunny limps.

My Bikes
    Trek 7500, RANS V-Rex, Optima Baron, Velokraft NoCom, M-5 Carbon Highracer, homebuilt recumbent
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stapfam
    No problem- One big bunny hop into the middle of it and you find out how fast you can sprint to get away from your former friends.
    LOL! I bet you did that as a child, too - jump into the biggest mud puddle with both feet to see how many 'former' friends you could splash! (OK, I'm guilty too...)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As I clydesdale, I couldn't imagine even considering a bunny hop. If the bicycle gods wanted bikes to leave the ground, they would have put wings on 'em.
    A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking. - S. Wright
    Favorite rides in the stable: Indy Fab CJ Ti - Colnago MXL - S-Works Roubaix - Habanero Team Issue - Jamis Eclipse carbon/831