Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Fifty Plus (50+) (http://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/)
-   -   Praying science finds a cure (http://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/232110-praying-science-finds-cure.html)

cheeseflavor 09-26-06 06:10 PM

Praying science finds a cure
 
I just can't seem to help myself. I was just browsing eBay, innocently enough, and there it was. Not even available on store shelves yet. And, a buy-it-now at a price that I just couldn't pass up. An '07 Specialized Toupe Gel.

For those of you familiar with the Toupe, you know it's light, and not much more than a platform. The Gel is a bit more padded (it has a thin layer of gel added to the top). After about 100 miles (including a 43 mile ride), I can report at this time that it's one comfortable saddle!

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/4...el02lv1.th.jpg

Poor Linda, I don't think she knows what to do :)

Steve

head_wind 09-26-06 07:43 PM

My toupé doesn't need any goo.

NOS88 09-26-06 08:19 PM

There is a cure, but you'll need to bring your wallet to my address for the treatment.

CheeseLouise 09-26-06 08:35 PM

*sigh*

The insanity :p

jppe 09-26-06 08:45 PM

I'm intrigued. I just love science. Let me know how it does on a longer rides of say 60+ miles.....

dauphin 09-26-06 09:55 PM

I just want new 105 covers for my shifters on account of they be scratched...much cheaper than a saddle..

cheeseflavor 09-26-06 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dauphin
I just want new 105 covers for my shifters on account of they be scratched...much cheaper than a saddle..

True, but much harder on the behind on longer rides!

Steve

Grampy™ 09-27-06 06:18 AM

Enough with your saddle reports!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Your last one on the Alias (2007) cost me a $100!!!!!! Knock it off!

bcoppola 09-27-06 07:28 AM

I always thought toupes were for the other end. Biking is a strange world.

fopianki 09-27-06 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcoppola
I always thought toupes were for the other end. Biking is a strange world.

However, with this toupe, you definitely have to part your hair down the middle :D

ticwanos 09-27-06 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheeseflavor

Poor Linda, I don't think she knows what to do :)

Steve


I'll bet she does, but patience and restraint is keeping her from doing it.:D

CheeseLouise 09-27-06 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grampy™
Enough with your saddle reports!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Your last one on the Alias (2007) cost me a $100!!!!!! Knock it off!

:beer: +1

CheeseLouise 09-27-06 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticwanos
I'll bet she does, but patience and restraint is keeping her from doing it.:D

:rolleyes: I have a few ideas :eek:

stapfam 09-27-06 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheeseLouise
:beer: +1

Just think what that saddle will be worth in 6 months time. Nicely run in and polished once a week to keep the "NEW" lustre on it. Only problem is that it will not look that good sitting on a shelf in the garage when the replacement is being tested .

I have given up on new saddles. What I need is a new butt.

CheeseLouise 09-27-06 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stapfam
Just think what that saddle will be worth in 6 months time. Nicely run in and polished once a week to keep the "NEW" lustre on it. Only problem is that it will not look that good sitting on a shelf in the garage when the replacement is being tested .

You assume it will be 6 months before the next saddle! :lol:

Road Fan 09-28-06 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grampy™
Enough with your saddle reports!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Your last one on the Alias (2007) cost me a $100!!!!!! Knock it off!

BTW, I got an Alias 143, and THAT IS MY FIT!!

Rowan 09-28-06 04:12 PM

The cure is Advanced Hair Studios' implants.

I cannot believe anyone would name anything bicycling a toupe. That goes with Trek's Madone (I bet you think it's pronounced Mad-own, but in fact it's Mad One). The marketing departments must be having a huge laugh at some riders' expense.

mollusk 09-28-06 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rowan
The cure is Advanced Hair Studios' implants.

I cannot believe anyone would name anything bicycling a toupe. That goes with Trek's Madone (I bet you think it's pronounced Mad-own, but in fact it's Mad One). The marketing departments must be having a huge laugh at some riders' expense.

This is my favorite badly named product: The Dae Yung (Die Young) tire.

http://mostlymusclebikes.com/roadbike/rbt20.htm

OH306 09-28-06 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcoppola
I always thought toupes were for the other end. Biking is a strange world.

That's why it's a SPECIALized toupe .. for those that don't have a hair on their a..


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:32 PM.