Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cycling or Gold Today?

Okay....it was Golf. Tomorrow is cycling again.

We played in the Greater Hickory Classic Pro-Am which is a Champions Tour event in Hickory, NC today. They do the event first class all the way. The gifts they provide, the meals, the outstanding golf course and plus the other amenities make this a terrific event.

Here's a few pics of our team and Mark James the pro. They were just a terrific duo to spend the day with. Rocky, his caddie is an absolute hoot!! Between the Pro and the rest of us, we made a total of 13 birdies. And I should have had 3 more but my putter went to sleep on me for a while......

Curtis Strange and me after the round
    Gary McCord and John Jacobs on the practice tee-note that McCord has to use his hands to talk
    Our Pro-Am team-it was cool and VERY foggy to start the day
    Mark James and Rocky on the practice range-Tom Kite is in the yellow shirt
    The team watching a putt very intensely
    Mark James teeing off on a par 4
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ride your Ride!!

My Bikes
    1984 Peugeot P8; 2006 Trek 5200
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like a nice outing jppe!
    When the duffers find out you are a professional cyclist on holiday to they add to take from your handicap?

My Bikes
    2002 Lightspeed Classic; 2010 Pedalforce RS
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll take the gold.

My Bikes
    Giant Cypress SX
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Golf? Isn't that something to do when you don't want to take the bike out in a thunderstorm?
    Some people are like a Slinky ... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

SSP
    My Bikes
    Trek 5200, Specialized MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've told my kids that if I ever show an interest in golf, to just take me out and shoot me...it will be a clear sign of dementia.
    CycliStats.com - Software for Cyclists
    WeightWare.com - Weight Management Software

My Bikes
    Bacchetta Corsa, RANS Stratus XP
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They tell me a golf ball is what men chase when they're too old to chase women. Of course, this may be the same people who keep telling me to get my bike off the road and onto the sidewalk....
    Bud
    * 2009 RANS XStream
    * 2007 RANS Stratus XP
    * 2006 Bacchetta Corsa
    My Blog - uneasy-rider.com

They told me it's ok to post mileage over in the commuting forum, so you'll probably find me there these days.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The last time I played golf (several years ago), my playing partner and I saw four guys playing speed golf. Strangest thing I ever saw on a golf course... hit the ball and run... hit the ball and run. Don't get me wrong, these guys were in great shape, and I had some level of admiration for them, but it was strange. On the other hand... I wonder why no one has combined golf and bmx or mt. bikes? Hit the ball and pedal... hit the ball and pedal...
    A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking. - S. Wright

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NOS88
    The last time I played golf (several years ago), my playing partner and I saw four guys playing speed golf. Strangest thing I ever saw on a golf course... hit the ball and run... hit the ball and run. Don't get me wrong, these guys were in great shape, and I had some level of admiration for them, but it was strange. On the other hand... I wonder why no one has combined golf and bmx or mt. bikes? Hit the ball and pedal... hit the ball and pedal...
    Sounds like a potential sport for Seniors Games!!
    Ride your Ride!!

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NOS88
    On the other hand... I wonder why no one has combined golf and bmx or mt. bikes? Hit the ball and pedal... hit the ball and pedal...

I am a non playing golfer and I organised the golfing days for my company- When I mentioned to the East Sussex Golf Club that I would have to stay in contact with the 40 players on the Course- and I suggested that I take my Mountain bike along- They were horrified. They gave me a Buggie- Not just an ordinary one- A super dooper Deluxe One. The one with the Drinks cabinet in it and it was full. They also mentioned that the last user of the buggie had already paid for the Drinks that were in the cabinet.(Probably without knowing about it.) For some reason- we went back to that course for 3 events running instead of changing for each event.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

I need more cowbell. Digital Gee's Avatar
    My Bikes
    2012 Masi Evoluzione, 2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it just me, or does the title of this thread have a typo? Shouldn't it be Cycling or GOLF? I'm not trying to be a spelling Nazi, just hoping I'm not missing some subtle nuance or something...
    Visit my blog! The Leadership Almanac
    2012 Masi Evoluzione
    2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2

Proud member of the original Club Tombay