Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rent by the Hour??

Okay-this is not cycling related but one we got a HUGE chuckle with this weekend.

My wife and I traveled to a small town in NE Alabama for my 90 year old Aunt's funeral over the weekend. We stayed at my cousin's house and had all kinds of pies and cakes. Several of my cousins came from out of state that we had not seen in literally 40+ years. My cousins stayed at a small, rustic hotel that was the "better" of the two hotels in town and was the one my cousin who lived there recommended. They stayed in the hotel for two nights-Friday and Saturday.

When my relatives checked into the hotel, they were told that they could have the room with the Kingsize bed, but it came with a catch. The owners told my cousins that there was a couple that rented that room for two hours every Saturday afternoon. They told my cousins that the room would be available both Friday and Saturday nights, but they would have to check out of the room Saturday morning but could check back in later in the afternoon. They promised the room would be clean for them after the mystery couple had left.

Since this was the nicer of the hotels and there weren't a lot of extra rooms around they took the room. Of course the room became the joke of the weekend and stirred up a lot of different scenarios of who might be using the room. While my Aunt would certainly have not approved of any shennanigans that might be going on with the room, she would have loved the fact that family got together and got a great laugh out of the situation.
    Ride your Ride!!

His Brain is Gone! Tom Bombadil's Avatar
    My Bikes
    RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never heard of such a thing and would have had to been extremely hard up for a room to agree to that condition.

That said, does the hotel change the sheets after the afternoon rental?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was wondering who was using my room the rest of the weekend ....

B'Dog
    2006 Gary Fisher Marlin MTB
    2004 Salsa LaRaza aka "Mmmm, Blue Salsa" (853 steel is real, baby!)
    2003 Kona Humu Humu Nuka Nuka Apua'A Singlespeed - Gone, but not forgotten
    1998 Diamondback Outlook MTB
    1990 Centurion Cavaletto 'Gaspipe Beater' Roadie
    1978 Volkscycle 'Frankenbike' CroMo Tourer