Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

My Bikes
    Rodriguez Shiftless street fixie with S&S couplers, Kuwahara tandem, Trek carbon, Dolan track
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4000 km on the Tandem

Well, 80 more kilometers and we'll have put 4000 km on the tandem this year - the most we've done on the tandem in a year. Tomorrow we put the tandem on top of the Subaru and head off to Ellensburg, WA to do the Manastash Metric Century, between Ellensburg and Cle Elum, on Saturday morning. Then we'll drive over Bluett Pass to Leavenworth (we rode over this pass by both old and new routes last year) and I'll drink some real German beer at their Oktoberfest. My stoker is not a beer drinker, but I'm sure she'll enjoy listening to ja-ja music and dancing polkas in the street, jawohl, ausgezeichnet!

I can't believe how much fun life is, so many rides, so little time. We get a three-day weekend in Canada this weekend (Thanksgiving), maybe the last chance to get some nice riding before the rain arrives. There are still a few more tandem rides I want to do this year before it gets too cold, so I'm hoping for some dry weekends. When you're over 50, you don't have ride in the rain just to prove how tough you are anymore. You don't have to prove anythang!

- L.

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tandem milage has been down for us this year with only about 1,500 miles up to May. then co pilot was away on courses for work and holidays, and only a few trips since then. Still winter cometh so Night rides galore -Hopefully.

As to not riding in the rain- All adds to the joy of Tandem riding across those soft, muddy, slippery tracks. Far softer to fall on mud than rock hard Clay.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan