Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reached a goal & rewared myself...

This last week, while away on a five day business trip, I reached a goal I've been working on for some time. For the first time on over 24 years I am no longer a Clydesdale. I can say I've reached the sub 200 lb. ranks and it feels great. So, I rewarded myself by stopping in a local bike shop and buying a new saddle (It's your fault Cheeseflavor, I blame you. ) I got a Specialized Toupe. When I got home I put the new saddle on and went out and rode my age. The saddle was great. It equals my comfort level on my Alias, but is much more sleek... to match my new view of myself. I'm headed back out this morning to ride my age again! (Unfortunately, tomorrow I head out for another 4 day business trip without bike.) But for today I'm a sleek, fast, riding machine!
    A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking. - S. Wright

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    congratulations!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing breeds further success like success! Congratulations......thinking like a riding machine does make those miles go better, which in turn tunes the riding machine itself. You can't lose.
    Riding and aging don't get easier, you just get slower at slowing down.] (FiftyPlus observation inspired by G. Lemond.)

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ALRIGHT!!!! That's just terrific!

Having lost 50 pounds myself I know of what you speak. Rewarding yourself is extremely appropriate-and you did it in a way that was meaningful and hopefully something that you will continue to reap the reward from.

Keep up the terrific effort!!
    Ride your Ride!!

OnTheRoad or AtTheBeach stonecrd's Avatar
    My Bikes
    Ridley Noah RS, Scott CR1 Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent news. If I had as much discipline about my eating as I do about riding I could probably loose some weight as well. I seem to have found the sweet spot and am stuck at 195. I do like pizza, wine, chips, ice cream, etc need I say more.
    The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard and the shallow end is much too large

2013 Noah RS