Thread: Weekend Getaway

My Bikes
    2015 Trek Domane 6.9 disc D/A Di2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weekend Getaway

I felt the need to get away this weekend, work starting to stress me a little, so I went up to my Dad's ranch in central Calif. Of course I had to take the bike as well. It was just me so I had time to help build a new chicken coupe and do some fence work as well as spend 3 hours on Saturday morning cruising around the countryside. He lives in a place called Cathey's Valley in Mariposa county. I think they have one traffic light in the county...but I don't know where it is. The whole time I rode I only saw one car. I didn't make great time or any huge distances but I had a great time in the quite countryside and took a couple of pics to share. I know, I know...they all have my bike in them but hey, it's still new to me.

I only had one hill that really gave me trouble, it was about 2,000 feet long and I'm guessing at least a 10% grade. I thought that one would just about kill the newbie...but I made it...very slowly, but I made it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2015 Trek Domane 6.9 Disc D/A Di2~2012 Ti Motobecane with SRAM Red 2013~2015 Trek Farley 6 FAT bike~2006 Trek 4300~Garmin 800 CTR

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is what it is all about.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weekend retreats like you describe are often as good as therapy and frequently cheaper! Sounds like a nice get-a-way. I'm envious.
    A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking. - S. Wright
    Favorite rides in the stable: Indy Fab CJ Ti - Colnago MXL - S-Works Roubaix - Habanero Team Issue - Jamis Eclipse carbon/831