Thread: Weekend Getaway

My Bikes
    2012 Motobecane Ti SRAM Red/2008 Trek Madone SRAM Force
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weekend Getaway

I felt the need to get away this weekend, work starting to stress me a little, so I went up to my Dad's ranch in central Calif. Of course I had to take the bike as well. It was just me so I had time to help build a new chicken coupe and do some fence work as well as spend 3 hours on Saturday morning cruising around the countryside. He lives in a place called Cathey's Valley in Mariposa county. I think they have one traffic light in the county...but I don't know where it is. The whole time I rode I only saw one car. I didn't make great time or any huge distances but I had a great time in the quite countryside and took a couple of pics to share. I know, I know...they all have my bike in them but hey, it's still new to me.

I only had one hill that really gave me trouble, it was about 2,000 feet long and I'm guessing at least a 10% grade. I thought that one would just about kill the newbie...but I made it...very slowly, but I made it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The thoughts and opinions expressed by this poster are his own and should not be misconstrued as gospel. They are and were not meant to inflame, enrage or otherwise tick anyone off, usually.
    2012 Ti Motobecane with SRAM Red 2013~2008 Trek Madone with SRAM Force~2010 Specialized Hardrock 29er~2006 Trek 4300~Garmin 800 CTR
    Mark

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is what it is all about.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weekend retreats like you describe are often as good as therapy and frequently cheaper! Sounds like a nice get-a-way. I'm envious.
    A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking. - S. Wright
    Favorite rides in the stable: Indy Fab CJ Ti - Colnago MXL - S-Works Roubaix - Habanero Team Issue - Jamis Eclipse carbon/831