Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rode My Age and Then Some!

I set out to ride about 40 miles on Sunday, but the weather was absolutely glorious and I felt pretty good, so I added to it a little. I rode my age a month and a half early! The weather here is very likely to be snow axle deep on a Ferris Wheel on November 29, so I got it a month and a half early. Made it back to my starting point at about 58 miles (I'll be 57 in November) and still had a little left, so out the rode I went and back and ended up with a Metric! I know that most if not all the rest of you fellows and gals have done this, but it just feels so good, I had to shoot my mouth off about it! Actually, I credit you guys for this, I posted a thread some time back about 41 miels, and received so much encouragement from the group that I really believed I could do it. Thanks again to everyone. Next up is a Century! It doesn't seem so far out of reach now! By the by, what the heck was Farhorizon talking about? I see a bunch of positive, helpful friends here, are we talking about the same 50+ group?
    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." --General George S. Patton

Best regards,

Duhhuh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did 70 miles yesterday with about 8,000 feet of climbing, a good deal of well over 12%. I took one water bottle along. I refilled it once.

Let me tell you, don't ever try THAT. Although I feel OK today and I should be recovered completely by tomorrow's ride over the hills it nearly killed me yesterday.

I'll be turning 62 in another couple of weeks so I'm a bit early too. Of course I'll be doing the Foxy Fall metric next Sunday so I'll have to be easy on the old bod in the meantime.

My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations on your first metric. Good luck on that first century coming up. Now your non-riding friends will be sure that you are loony.
    The more you ride your bike, the less your ass will hurt.