Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fast Freddy Coffee

By the way - at the San Francisco stage of the Tour of California earlier this year I stopped by the Fast Freddy Coffee booth and picked up a package of Fast Freddy Coffee.

Let me tell you - that stuff is THE BEST COFFEE I'VE EVER DRANK.

I've been looking around on the web and can't find his website for the coffee now. I hope that it wasn't a failed effort because his stuff was perfect in every way to my tastes at least.

My Bikes
    1969 Peugeot U08, unknown MTB circa 1980, '93? Merckx MX-Leader
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last person to famously wear that moniker was "Fast Freddie Spencer," Honda GP rider.

Any connection to the coffee?

Tyson
    Cushing, Oklahoma

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't forget Fast Freddie Markham who rode TourEasy Goldrush models to a variety of records. CyclinTom, you might give TourEasy a call...they're just down the coast from you...see if he's their "Fast Freddy"....assuming this is a cycling personage.
    Riding and aging don't get easier, you just get slower at slowing down.] (FiftyPlus observation inspired by G. Lemond.)

My Bikes
    Cannondale R600
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was from "Fast Freddie" Rodriguez? Maybe he has a web site with info...?

My Bikes
    Cannondale R600
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey - this only took me one google:

Look here

My Bikes
    Mecian
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Caution - THREAD HIJACK

Well kind of related- I tried the above link and the link to by some (links to wrenchscience.com) is dead. I love Starbucks coffee, but I hate the price. I cannot find any beans that give the same flaver as Starbucks House Blend and Breakfast Blend. Anybody know of a simmilar flavered yet cheaper coffee bean?
    Recycle, Reclaim, Reuse and Repair
    The 4 Rs to save the planet

"Toes"

My Bikes
    Airborne, LeMond, Bianchi CX, Volae Century, Redline 925 (fixed) and a Burley Tandem.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howsteepisit
    Caution - THREAD HIJACK

Well kind of related- I tried the above link and the link to by some (links to wrenchscience.com) is dead. I love Starbucks coffee, but I hate the price. I cannot find any beans that give the same flaver as Starbucks House Blend and Breakfast Blend. Anybody know of a simmilar flavered yet cheaper coffee bean?
    I am hooked on the Breakfast blend... whole bean. In fact, I think I'll make a pot right now.
    Carpe who?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzy_cyclist
    Hey - this only took me one google:

Look here
    Uh, if you look under the places to OBTAIN Fast Freddie's coffee you'll see it's a bad URL.

And yes it IS Fast Freddie Rodriquez from Emeryville, CA. and a great racer even though he couldn't beat Super Mario in the sprints.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, no! Not another coffee thread!
    A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking. - S. Wright
    Favorite rides in the stable: Indy Fab CJ Ti - Colnago MXL - S-Works Roubaix - Habanero Team Issue - Jamis Eclipse carbon/831

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn, I love coffee.......to drink, to smell, ice cream, chocolate with, dunk buttered crusty bread in, flavored cake, cheese cake, the color, the conversation, the ambiance of a welcoming coffee house, after a cold ride, at work, coffee flavored kisses, [getting close to climax, better quit.]

P.S. Whatever happened to TourEasy's Fast Freddie Markham....betrayed by age? took up surfing?

PPS. My aunt owned a coffee roasting business and coffee stands in S.F. financial district. She would come in smelling like fresh roast (not the meat). She could taste a coffee and, like a wine fan, tell you its origin. She was a Sheldon Brown of coffee. Lots of coffee lore in her head.
    Last edited by CrossChain; 10-11-06 at 08:10 PM.
    Riding and aging don't get easier, you just get slower at slowing down.] (FiftyPlus observation inspired by G. Lemond.)

My Bikes
    Airborne, LeMond, Bianchi CX, Volae Century, Redline 925 (fixed) and a Burley Tandem.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CrossChain
    PPS. My aunt owned a coffee roasting business and coffee stands in S.F. financial district. She would come in smelling like fresh roast (not the meat). She could taste a coffee and, like a wine fan, tell you its origin. She was a Sheldon Brown of coffee. Lots of coffee lore in her head.
    A true Goddess.......
    Carpe who?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My aunt owned a coffee roasting business and coffee stands in S.F. financial district. She would come in smelling like fresh roast (not the meat). She could taste a coffee and, like a wine fan, tell you its origin. She was a Sheldon Brown of coffee. Lots of coffee lore in her head.
    Tell your aunt that I'm in love.....

In a state of 5th Dimension, where size has no meaning.
    My Bikes
    Gunnar Street Dog
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm primarily a Dunkin' Donuts guy. Real coffee, served in no-nonsense fashion. No "Grandé" or anything of the kind. You won't see BMW's, or Porche SUV's parked outside a Dunkin' Donuts. The one I frequently go into when I bike commute is pretty decent. Most of the customers at that hour are either State highway workers, or local and/or state police. Needless to say, everyone minds their own business, and there is never any trouble.

Another great coffee place, but not enough of them: Mary Lou's, "the best coffee in town". Delicioius coffee, made and served by very attractive ladies. Win-Win! Have a link.
    "The People will believe what the Media tells them they believe". George Orwell.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    French Market Coffee and Chicory

Seńor Mambo
    My Bikes
    Bike Friday, Bridgestone MB-6 700c, Ti-frame Xtracycle, RANS, Brompton, Dahon, Downtube IXFS, ex-Birdy & a recumbent pedicab.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    P.S. Whatever happened to TourEasy's Fast Freddie Markham....betrayed by age? took up surfing?
    He's now co-owner of Easy Racers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spambait11
    He's now co-owner of Easy Racers.
    thanks, Spambait. The Javelin they're just about ready to release looks very cool. (I'm a former Tailwind owner). Could be worth a drive over to EasyRacers for a test ride next early spring.

My Bikes
    Cervelo Prodigy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was in San Francisco in Sept in the Mission district and one morning went for a walk and asked a passerby where I could get a Starbuck's coffee. Boy, was that a mistake. In S.F. they don't seem to like the presence of a Starbucks nor a WalMart. So we were led to a Martha's coffee shop. Also nearby on Valencia near 21st Street was another local coffee shop. This was a bit more modern interior.

I was also surprised to see the many bike riders in S.F. commuting to work.

My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Makes me want to brew up a pot of Jittery Joe's.
    The more you ride your bike, the less your ass will hurt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Note to seem too snooty but the best year for the RB-1 was '91.

My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclintom
    Note to seem too snooty but the best year for the RB-1 was '91.
    Sorry, you didn't succeed. How so?
    The more you ride your bike, the less your ass will hurt.