Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It just doesn't get any better

than yesterday's ride.........

While some of you are experiencing some unpleasant riding weather, yesterday was perfect for folks in NC. It was just a touch cool to start with but after a few miles the mid 60 temps were very comfortable in shorts and a regular short sleeve top. The sun was out and a few trees were just starting to show some reds and yellows so it was just a great day to soak things in. The route also took me around High Rock Lake and there were a few boaters out lazily playing in the water. With hardly any wind the lake was about as smooth as it could be.

I also say a guy sitting next to a farm pond in the nice soothingly warm sun fishing......funny but he was asleep!! Talk about bliss!!!

I did a 52 miler over to my in-laws and it was one of those days you almost wished it was a lot further. There was very little breeze to fight as well. This was the longest ride I'd done in the last 3-4 weeks and I was a little worried what it would be like to just jump on the bike and do a 50 miler but I did okay.

Surprisingly I made the trip in about as fast as I've ever done it but I wasn't even trying to push for time. I just strolled along, really made myself observe stuff around me and it was good........ I can't say enough about a smooth riding/shifting 10 speed setup. Sweet!!

When I got to the in-laws I was treated with a freshly grilled steak, garden salad, sweet potato casserole and nice cold dark beer. Nice!!!

It just can't get much better for me!!
    Ride your Ride!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow! Great ride, good weather, speed, food at the end. You're right it doesn't get much better.
    A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking. - S. Wright

My Bikes
    05' Specialized Sequoia Elite, Raleigh M40 Mountain Bike
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like cycling Nirvana.
    Specialized Sequoia Elite
    Ride On!