User Tag List

My Bikes
    Sun EZ-3 Delta
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another question on the 50+

Hello everyone this is Mrs. Stormcrowe here. Everybody doing aok. I am. Now here goes the question.

Can it be also 50+ aches. Just wondering.

Bye for now.

The Mrs.
    Granola munching 'bent rider

Send email to dnvrfox@aol.com for new group
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Stormcrowe
    Hello everyone this is Mrs. Stormcrowe here. Everybody doing aok. I am. Now here goes the question.

Bye for now.

The Mrs.
    OK by me, but be advised we have some folks and one moderator who object strongly to the discussion of aches on the 50+ forum. We are NOT supposed to have aches (or if we do, we are not supposed to admit it).

Quote Originally Posted by RonH
    Is this the "one foot in the grave" forum or the whiners forum?

I get so tired of reading posts that discuss aches and pains and surgery complications and all the meds being taken and "I can't this" or "I can't that"! This is a bicycle discussion forum.
    If you're going to ride a bike, there will be soreness and aches and pains in the beginning but it will go away.
    If you have "legitimate" back problems - that's allowable. But how many have back problems because of an oversized gut? Get rid of the gut and the back problems will probably go away.
    Exercise and weight loss may reduce or eliminate prescribed meds so we can end that discussion.
    How do you know you can't ride a road bike or a mountain bike. Bend over and try it.

Now let's get back to the bike discussions.
    Last edited by DnvrFox; 10-17-06 at 08:10 AM.
    Almost gone from the 50+ forum. - Email me at dnvrfox@aol.com for another fun new group of 50+ folks

My Bikes
    Trek 7500, RANS V-Rex, Optima Baron, Velokraft NoCom, M-5 Carbon Highracer, homebuilt recumbent
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only time I have aches is when I overdo it, which is often. Same as when I was 30.

My Bikes
    Electra Townie 7D
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aches high.
    Jacks or better to open.

Banned
    My Bikes
    Ellsworth Id
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bye for now.

The Mrs.
    Could be something else.

I'm 56, a type 2 diabetic, and have been on BP meds for 3 months...latley I've felt weak, had muscle and joint pain, dizziness, tingling in hands and feet...and old injuries began to hurt again.

I suspected that it may be the meds (Altace), stopped taking them 10 days ago, and most of the pain is gone...BP is up a bit, but not that much, but the aches are gone

today is the first day that i was able to do a complete 3 hour workout without pain

Fun to be old...you get to try out all these new sensations

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bye for now.

The Mrs.
    All depends on the aches- where they are and whether they are cycle related. Now if if we are talking about cycle related aches- I only have two. One is when I can't get out on the bike often enough and the other is when I have overdone it and I ache all over. Both of which can be put down to one only.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan