Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

My Bikes
    2005 Surly LHT; 2006 Surly CrossCheck with Extracycle; 1987 Schwinn World Sport as urban cruiser
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone for River Region Classic?

My wife & I will be taking our first organized ride together this weekend: the Texas Hill Country River Region Classic http://www.riverregionclassic.org/events.htm

My new Surly LHT is ready except for pedals and getting it 'dialed in' for appropriate handle bar height in relation to seat...my favorite wife is still on her steel MTB Giant Sedona. I'm trying to decide between the easy 36 mile ride and the 68 mile 'Classic'. The Challenge ride was interesting but I'll not attempt that on a new bike that I've only ridden about 50 miles.

Any other BF 50+'ers going to be there? I know several of us live in the great state of Texas.
    centexwoody
    They're beautiful handsome machines that translate energy into joy.

I need more cowbell. Digital Gee's Avatar
    My Bikes
    2012 Masi Evoluzione, 2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Their Century is only 94 miles. Is that how they measure in Texas?

Good luck, have a blast, and be careful with those breakfast tacos they're offering.
    Visit my blog! The Leadership Almanac
    2012 Masi Evoluzione
    2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2

Proud member of the original Club Tombay

My Bikes
    2005 Surly LHT; 2006 Surly CrossCheck with Extracycle; 1987 Schwinn World Sport as urban cruiser
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

everything's different...

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Gee
    Their Century is only 94 miles. Is that how they measure in Texas?
    Yes, our miles are longer than those in smaller states. Otherwise we would have to add another column in all of the spreadsheets to extend out to 5 digits! Additionally, our hills are steeper, the flats flatter, the long uphills longer & more uphill and the long downhills longer & more downhill than in other sections of the country. There's hardly a scale that fits this state - that's why we advertise visiting Texas to see a whole other country!

I'm very curious to see how the West Texas women get their helmets on over their 'big hair'. And I expect to see my 1st cowboy boots fitted for clipless pedals.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Gee
    Good luck, have a blast, and be careful with those breakfast tacos they're offering.
    I'm not about to eat a stranger's breakfast tacos then get on a bike for a long ride: after many years I've finally learned about when & where & from whom I'm willing to accept tacos, breakfast or otherwise. Will probably have my standard high-fiber cereal plus some fruit and hope the 8 a.m. start coincides with other regular functions ( ).
    centexwoody
    They're beautiful handsome machines that translate energy into joy.