Thread: Well I did it

My Bikes
    Specialized Roubaix
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I did it

I tried the Cannondale and it was pretty close to what I have.I thought it may have been a little stiff.That's just me now, I'm sure a lot of people like them. Then I went to the Giant dealer, and Like I mentioned before,if my arthritis kicks in the way it did I would have a hard time riding it. I'd probably not be able to ride it at all.So I went to look at the Novara Randonee,(I like touring) and everything I read about them was true.I got fitted and went out riding and I really liked it.It was kind of small and they have to order one my size.It has a Fizik Rondine saddle that didn't feel bad,but I'll probably end up with another B 17.Anyhow I know it's not a racer, but it's better than what I got for what I want to do, and of course I can't wait to get it.Thanks for all the help as always,George
    George

My Bikes
    Vintage Schwinns, Classy Cannondales, & an '83 Santana Tandem
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Way to go George! Post pictures when you receive it. We would all love to see your new ride with that wonderful Brooks B-17.
    Bob
    Dreaming of Summertime in NH!

Visit my websites:
    FreeWheelSpa.com orpastorbobnlnh.com

My Bikes
    Surly Long Haul Trucker, Giant Cypress DX
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations on the new ride. Gonna post some photos when it gets in?

My Bikes
    Airborne, LeMond, Bianchi CX, Volae Century, Redline 925 (fixed) and a Burley Tandem.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ya see DG, That's how it's done!!!
    Carpe who?

I need more cowbell. Digital Gee's Avatar
    My Bikes
    2012 Masi Evoluzione, 2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grampy™
    I went to my Trek dealer today and bought a jersey at half price. How's that?
    Visit my blog! The Leadership Almanac
    2012 Masi Evoluzione
    2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2

Proud member of the original Club Tombay

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grampy™
    No kicking DG around tonight. After all he has a chronic affliction: pre-purchase buyer's remorse. Can be a long, chronic affliction, but has a silver lining: it prevents terminal credit card catastrophe.

But to George: Touring/randonee style bikes (including Novara) have carried people an awesome number of miles on some pretty awesome adventures...whether commuting to work or humping over some above tree line mountain pass. Nice choice for high-mileage and regular riding. Enjoy you new machine for, at least, the first 40,000 miles.
    Riding and aging don't get easier, you just get slower at slowing down.] (FiftyPlus observation inspired by G. Lemond.)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats, George. Now ride that baby when it gets here.
    A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking. - S. Wright

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    George:
    Congrats on your new bike. I just looked it up. What gear range do you achieve from that 27 speed setup?

Looks like a nice bike.

Good luck with it.

Caruso

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great to get a new bike. Especially one that suits your riding style and and body. I did a 65 miler a couple of weeks ago and there were not a great number of Racing style bikes on the older age group. Once the youngsters had disappeared into the distance- It was surprising how many of the "Comfortable" bikes were about. May have been a mountain bike or road bike- but they were set up for the riders. The riders that seemed to be most comfortable though were those on hybrid and touring bikes.
    Racing bikes are good if you race, mountain bikes if you are offroad but for touring and riding with comfort in mind- You have made the choice that many of us wouldn't- A bike that fits and is comfortable. Well done on the choice.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

My Bikes
    Merlin Fortius, Specialized Crossroads & Rockhopper, Serotta Fierte, Pedal Force RS2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stapfam
    Once the youngsters had disappeared into the distance- It was surprising how many of the "Comfortable" bikes were about. May have been a mountain bike or road bike- but they were set up for the riders. The riders that seemed to be most comfortable though were those on hybrid and touring bikes.
    Racing bikes are good if you race, mountain bikes if you are offroad but for touring and riding with comfort in mind- You have made the choice that many of us wouldn't- A bike that fits and is comfortable. Well done on the choice.
    - well said!

- and to the OP: your bike is an *excellent* choice, good value for money, and a great frame - congrats on the new ride!