Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can 50+'rs who ride bicycles "thiink" calories burning?

Can 50+'rs who ride bicycles "think" calories burning?

Visualization is supposed to be such an important tool in training.

Just wondering.

Anyone "think" away their calories and get skinny?
    Gone >> Gone >> Gone >> Gone >> Gone >> Gone >> Gone

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, no way! That would totally destroy the ride for me. If I really wanted to lose weight, I'd stop eating pie!
    A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking. - S. Wright

My Bikes
    '04 Giant OCR2, '87 Schwinn World Sport F/G conversion, '85 Schwinn Super Le Tour, '92 Trek 820
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NOS88
    Oh, no way! That would totally destroy the ride for me. If I really wanted to lose weight, I'd stop eating pie!
    That, poor weak-minded fool, is because you have not developed the will to think the calories out of the pie!!
    '04 Giant OCR2|'87 Schwinn World Sport F/G conversion (6,129)|'92 Trek 820 MTB|'85 Schwinn Super LeTour
    "People who spend most of their natural lives riding iron bicycles over the rocky roadsteads of this parish get their personalities mixed up with the personalities of their bicycle as a result of the interchanging of the atoms of each of them and you would be surprised at the number of people in these parts who are nearly half people and half bicycles." - Flann O'Brien, The Third Policeman

SSP
    My Bikes
    Trek 5200, Specialized MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, at 6' and 166 lbs (roughly what I weighed in high school), I guess I qualify as a "thinking" cyclist .

At one time I was nearly 200 lbs, but over the last 10 years I've been successful at controlling my intake of sweets and snacks. And riding the bike 3-5,000 miles per year helps ensure the fat doesn't come back.
    CycliStats.com - Software for Cyclists
    WeightWare.com - Weight Management Software

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NOS88
    So you do not want to lose weight then?

Stop eating pie? Never. In fact in preparation for tomorrow's ride- I have just carbo loaded on Steamed treacle Pudding and custard. Just have to find an extra hill to work it off. (Hopefully downhill the way I am feeling right now)
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

Muscle bike design spec robtown's Avatar
    My Bikes
    98 Giant CFR-TEAM, 00 Lemond, 08 Kestrel Evoke, 96 Colnago Master Olympic, 01 Colnago Ovalmaster, Raleigh Gran Sport, 03 Fuji World, 86 Paramount, 90 Miyata CF, 09 Ritchey Breakaway CX, Bianchi Trofeo, 12 HyperLite
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think pie, be the pie!
    Korval is Ships
    See my Hyperlite 411 it's the photo model on OutRiderUSA web page

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How can I "think" calories...what do they look like? No matter what, the image of .... deep blue jewel-like berries glistening with a sweet glaze of thick, rich sauce blanketed in a lattice crust of angelic lightness and crisp to the bite flakiness colored autumn amber .... comes to mind. Warm pie and hot mochas are what get me back in on cold Saturday morning rides. And you want me to think about a calorie-- a little micro flicker of electro-chemical energy. Yeah, right.

Another idea....instead of riding, just sit on the sofa "thinking" of riding. Or, instead of hugging your significant honey, go for a year "thinking" about it.

But, I confress, I am weak and a victim of self-indulgence.
    Last edited by CrossChain; 10-21-06 at 04:58 PM.
    Riding and aging don't get easier, you just get slower at slowing down.] (FiftyPlus observation inspired by G. Lemond.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You people crack me UP!

Jeff, still fat

franksbicycles
    My Bikes
    a great many
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe you are all fighting a battle you will never ever win. Why? Put it this way, as I, many of you have cycling in your genes, Every now and then you just have to get on a bike and go for a ride. It's one of the ways you need to sustain yourselves.
    The same is with eating, It to,alas is in your gene. Eating quickly preferably large amounts and then moving on to the next possible meal, is without a doubt the motor which maintained the evolution of our (lets be candid) pretty hopeless species.
    You are fighting your genes and evolution, at a level more primitive than sex drive. So once and for all give up. Life my fellow cycling friends is too short for poor quality wines.
    franksbicycles and frank

My Bikes
    Trek 7700, C'dale R2000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DnvrFox
    Can 50+'rs who ride bicycles "think" calories burning?

Visualization is supposed to be such an important tool in training.

Just wondering.

Anyone "think" away their calories and get skinny?
    Hey, let us know when you find that 'thinking'. We will get a patent and all get rich. We can call it the "Get skinny 50+ thinking company".