Thread: Hand Warmers

My Bikes
    Litespeed Blueridge
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hand Warmers

Does anyone carry hand warmers with them? My husband just got quite a few Zippo Hand Warmers and they work great if you stick them in your back jersey pocket, keeps your back warm all through a long cold ride. My husband was nice enough to let me put his in my back jersey pocket on the ride down from Alpine, made for a nicer ride.

My Bikes
    Not enough
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the chemical ones during hunting and sometimes riding. They stay warm for about 8 hrs. Cheap at Wally world and usually go on sale after hunting season.
    My wife also plays music at festivals often outdoors and I trade them to her (for the price of a Kiss!).
    She loves me but shes not cheap. GRIN.
    **Fate is a fickle thing, and in the end the true measure of a person is not fate itself, but how they master it**

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Grabber" Brand Chemical Warmers

Here is a link to the "Grabber" brand of chemical hand warmers. They have a great selection and was recently inducted into the "Field and Stream" Hall of Fame for a great product. From what I have read, these are the best on the market. I am going to order a pair for my shoes. They make warmer shoe insoles, toe warmers, hand warmers, body warmers ect...

http://www.warmers.com/

Dennis

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Litespeed

From what I can remember- you ride a tandem occasionally. Now this is the way to go on cold days. As stoker, you have a hand warmer in front of you. Just lift up the back of the jesey and instant warmth and an accelleration for about 10 yards but don't forget to duck as the right arm comes swinging round.

Hate to say it but the big problem most of us have is with the Hands and feet. Warmer gloves work but I have yet to find anything for the feet yet- except for finding a cafe and staying in the warm. Last year I went to a Cafe and I got the pain in the hands as they came to life. Luckily one of the waitresses saw my plight and gave me a hand massage. She was Latvian and knew how to get my circulation working quickly. You should have seen the looks of jealousy on the other riders, but for some reason she did not take pity on them. Must be my youthfull looks, but she would not do anything for my feet.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oooohhhh..... keeping the back warm is appealing to me. I've never had any problem keeping the hands warm, but have actually gone to a shorter reach stem in the winter, because my back can't take the stretch when it's cold. This may be worth a try. I'm giddy with the thought of a cold ride with a warm, flexible back. Thanks!
    A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking. - S. Wright

My Bikes
    Too Numerous (not)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use these all the time for cold weather sporting events. I like the Grabbers. They have specific ones for hand, feet, body, etc. I have been known to use one in each glove, one in each shoe, one in each front pocket, one in each back pocket, and a body version stuck to my inside T-shirt over my heart (that time was because I brought extra's for friends who declined). I've never used them on a ride because they last for so long, but they are cheap.

The body version and shoe version have adhesive sides so they stick to wherever you place them.
    David Green, Naperville, IL USA "The older I get, the better I used to be" --Lee Trevino