bobkat
    My Bikes
    Modified Burley Koosah, Trek Navigater folding, downtube folding
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heat Wave!! At Last!

It's been below zero up here for the past few weeks, except for one day of freezing rain that coated the roads with a 1/2 inch of ice! This weekend, it finally got warm, up to 45 even, and except for a few spots, the ice was gone and it was finally rideable!
    My wife and I hit the road and only did about 14 miles but wow, did it feel good! I hadn't been able to ride for several weeks, and I hate the boredom of riding on a trainer in the basement! Last nite was the first night in ages I could sleep without back pain, and this morning the first morning in ages I haven't been half crippled up! That old heavy and slow bent does wonders!
    But now I'm jealous of all you guys down south able to bicycle all winter! Seriously talking of hooking up the camper and heading south - ?where? - wherever it's warm enough to ride...........
    Colder again this morning - now where's the key to the camper garage???? And where's our road atlas?

My Bikes
    Bacchetta Corsa, RANS Stratus XP
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oops........ I just finished complaining about 48 degrees and rain yesterday. I take that back.....
    Bud
    * 2009 RANS XStream
    * 2007 RANS Stratus XP
    * 2006 Bacchetta Corsa
    My Blog - uneasy-rider.com

They told me it's ok to post mileage over in the commuting forum, so you'll probably find me there these days.

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't knock the cold weather and the snow- Its character building - You never hear DG moaning about too much snow and it is rare that he abandons a ride because its too cold. Rain occasionally gets him though so even he is not prefect.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

bobkat
    My Bikes
    Modified Burley Koosah, Trek Navigater folding, downtube folding
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, well you can't win up here! Great day Sunday but since then it hasn't been that cold (only in the 20's) but foggy leaving the paved roads like skating rinks! Bah humbug! Another boring morning on the trainer...............I'd sure take DG's weather come winter!

I need more cowbell. Digital Gee's Avatar
    My Bikes
    2012 Masi Evoluzione, 2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stapfam
    Don't knock the cold weather and the snow- Its character building - You never hear DG moaning about too much snow and it is rare that he abandons a ride because its too cold. Rain occasionally gets him though so even he is not prefect.
    Yeah, what stapfam said.
    Visit my blog! The Leadership Almanac
    2012 Masi Evoluzione
    2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2

Proud member of the original Club Tombay