Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

great last ride of the year

Headed out with my friend Luke on the trail systems here--outside of Washington DC.... Did about 25 miles of muddy trails, riding from Reston to Great Falls Park and back. Thought of Stapfam and the off-road cycling he does, and how much he seems to enjoy it. It was chilly, but it was nice. The bike was filthy when I got back-- a quick hose down and it looks as good as new.

It was one of those rides--out with a friend, beautiful scenery, not bad weather, no cars, some wildlife (lots of squirrels), no falls , all in all a great morning.

Hope you were all able to finish the year on a positive spin...

Happy New year to you all!

train safe-

My Bikes
    Trek 750
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buelito
    Headed out with my friend Luke on the trail systems here--outside of Washington DC.... Did about 25 miles of muddy trails, riding from Reston to Great Falls Park and back...
    Which trail? CCT?

I got my last ride in yesterday after the fog burned off. Fairfax Connector Trail to Vienna, W&OD to Herndon, then the single-track from Reston Ice Arena to Lake Fairfax, and back to Fairfax.
    Beautiful day, although the W&OD was a bit crowded.
    Last edited by cc_rider; 12-31-06 at 05:56 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we need to get together to do a mountan bke ride-- you are right next door practically-- we came back through Lake Fairfax to the Reston Ice Arena, out through a trail system starting near Lake Audubon...

train safe