Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  

Go Back   > >

Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

User Tag List

Old 01-05-07, 09:18 AM   #1
dawes56

Bikes: dawes, schwinn, kona
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Finally got in first 2007 Ride

HI... new here,
I've been battling some sort of virus that kept me off the bike during some of the best riding weather for late Dec/early Jan. Finally felt sort of OK yesterday, and since it was nearly 60, I finally started my 2007 mileage off. Nothing too great... 10 miles, but now I am back on the bike. Raining today, but tomorrow is supposed to be 70 here in the Baltimore area... where are my shorts?.....

Pete
dawes56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-07, 09:24 AM   #2
Louis

Bikes:
Hi Pete, welcome to the 50+ forum. Here's hoping you feel better and get lots more miles in '07.
Louis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-07, 09:40 AM   #3
Motorad
Peddlin' Around Detroit

Bikes: Legend, Saluki, Trek 730
That is a very beautiful bike, with detailed Bianchi logos on the frame. Got any stories behind the building and bike, and getting the parts? Also, what is that black horizontal bar directly underneath the top tupe?
Motorad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-07, 09:50 AM   #4
Motorad
Peddlin' Around Detroit

Bikes: Legend, Saluki, Trek 730
Sorry dawes56, I lost track of your original post (OP?) after seeing the bike pictures from Louis. Good luck to you Pete, with many bike rides in 2007.
Motorad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-07, 10:45 AM   #5
NOS88

Bikes:
Hey, ten miles is ten miles. Glad you were able to get out, and as Louis says, "Welcome to the 50+ forum."
Old 01-05-07, 10:49 AM   #6
SaiKaiTai

Bikes:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOS88
Hey, ten miles is ten miles. Glad you were able to get out, and as Louis says, "Welcome to the 50+ forum."
Well, now, that's exactly what I was going to say. I don't know that I've much more than 25 miles so far this year but I glad for the 25 I've done. All miles are good miles. There will be more, you still have 360 more days
SaiKaiTai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-07, 01:19 PM   #7
jppe
Let's do a Century

Bikes: Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Glad you're feeling good enough to ride. That virus is running rampant in our neck of the woods. Congrats on the first ride and welcome!!
jppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-07, 01:21 PM   #8
Louis

Bikes:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorad
That is a very beautiful bike, with detailed Bianchi logos on the frame. Got any stories behind the building and bike, and getting the parts? Also, what is that black horizontal bar directly underneath the top tupe?
Thanks Motorad. Here's a link to a thread I started a few weeks ago with info that should answer your questions.
50+er With One Foot In The 80's "New Bianchi" Pics
That is a pump under the top tube.
Louis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-07, 07:26 PM   #9
p8rider

Bikes: 1984 Peugeot P8; 2006 Trek 5200
Welcome to the best forum on the forums!
Hope you feel well enough to ride again tomorrow!
p8rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-07, 10:10 PM   #10
sykerocker 

Bikes: The keepers: 1960 Raleigh Lenton Grand Prix, 1968 Ranger, 1969 Magneet Sprint, 1971 Gitane Tour de France, 1973 Raleigh Tourist, 1973 Lambert, 1973 Schwinn Super Sport, 2 - 1988 Rossins
You're lucky, you've got 10 in. The only riding I've managed this week a four miles: I finished resurrecting a 15 year old Specialized Rock Hopper for one of the mechanics at work, but thanks to the rain and lack of daylight, hadn't test ridden it yet. Took it in to work early on Tuesday and did some chasing in traffic just to make sure everything was copacetic.

However, tomorrow I'm off work by 1500, home about 35 minutes later, and will be on the Fuji within ten minutes of that. I'll probably set up the tyre pressures, etc. before I leave for work, just to save a few minutes.

"No wonder we keep testing positive in their bicycle races. Everyone looks like they're full of testosterone when they're surrounded by Frenchmen." ---Argus Hamilton
sykerocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-07, 04:07 PM   #11
dawes56

Bikes: dawes, schwinn, kona
So, today hit 70F... sunny and breezy. Did a full lap around the airport on the bike trail (BWI- Baltimore/Washington Thurgood Marshall). When I rode around the airport in the 70s there was not a bike path and it was called Friendship Airport. Lots of traffic now (both cars and planes), so I am glad there is a bike path. I live about a half mile from the bikepath, so I just ride from the house.. lots seem to drive and park at a couple of lots... boy were they full today. So, 12.4 miles today... slowly but surely getting back into shape.. but the blood pressure meds put a governor on my HR... no matter what I do I can barely get it over 12O or so. I figure anything above a 0 HR is a good sign. Have fun.

Pete
dawes56 is offline   Reply With Quote