I just read the thread about wearing Spandex/Lycra while using indoor trainers. My take on Spandex is that if Errol Flynn can wear them, I can wear them. Maybe those tights have enough squeeze factor to push my mass upward and make me look taller. Hmmm...
I'd be interested in hearing more about the indoor trainers. I've never used them, and my only memory of these usually involve our movie heroes doing Mach 3 through the living room when the bike slips off the bike trainers.
Some questions please:
* Are indoor trainers popular and used a lot?
* Is it best to only buy bike trainers from the bike manufacturer ... or at least ... is it best to have a certain type of trainer based on whether you have a mountain or ride bike?
* For the road bike trainers, is there a top speed not to exceed, unless you plan on doing Mach 3 through the living room?
* What are the recommended "top of the line" trainers to consider, and why?
* Got any anecdotes or interesting stories about using the trainers? For some reason, this appears to be a "Murphy's Law" type of equipment.