Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Digital Gee envy

Well, okay, not Digital Gee himself, but ...

I spent the week between Christmas and New Year's in Southern California. Went for a walk on the beach without a jacket (although the natives seemed to think it was cold), looked at the pictures of the 2nd major snow storm in two weeks hitting Colorado, and really wished I had my bike with me.

Back home and shovelling snow again today. Sigh. Now don't get me wrong -- I wouldn't want to live in S. California all the time. But I can see how a vacation home there might be nice

Nick

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm getting tired of this. I didn't make it to work because they
    kicked in the chain law on Monument Hill and my bus beat a
    slugish retreat! We are supposed to get clobbered (sp?) in
    March, not now!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chain Law,
    Wow!I would be afraid of the wheel chains slapping against my brake calipers.

His Brain is Gone! Tom Bombadil's Avatar
    My Bikes
    RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where does one find chains for a 700c wheel? :-)

Send email to dnvrfox@aol.com for new group
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spry
    Chain Law,
    Wow!I would be afraid of the wheel chains slapping against my brake calipers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil
    Where does one find chains for a 700c wheel? :-)

Naw. The chain law is when you have to hook a chain to the car in front of your bicycle and they tow you through the snow on a chain. No calipers or wheels involved.

I wore out the "scraper bar" on my snow blower last week. Have ordered a new one. Hope it gets here soon.
    Gone - email me at dnvrfox@aol.com for new group of old 50+ folks

My Bikes
    RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here you go ...

My Bikes
    1959 Capo; 1980 Peugeot PKN-10; 1981 Bianchi; 1988 Schwinn KOM-10;
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmichell
    ... I wouldn't want to live in S. California all the time. ...
    I would and have all my life.
    "Early to bed, early to rise. Work like hell, and advertise." -- George Stahlman
    Capo [dschaw'-poe]: 1959 Modell Campagnolo, S/N 40324; 1960 Sieger, S/N 42624
    Peugeot: 1970 UO-8, S/N 0010468
    Bianchi: 1981 Campione d'Italia, S/N 1.M9914
    Schwinn: 1988 Project KOM-10, S/N F804069

I need more cowbell. Digital Gee's Avatar
    My Bikes
    2012 Masi Evoluzione, 2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmichell
    Well, okay, not Digital Gee himself, but ...

I spent the week between Christmas and New Year's in Southern California. Went for a walk on the beach without a jacket (although the natives seemed to think it was cold), looked at the pictures of the 2nd major snow storm in two weeks hitting Colorado, and really wished I had my bike with me.

Back home and shovelling snow again today. Sigh. Now don't get me wrong -- I wouldn't want to live in S. California all the time. But I can see how a vacation home there might be nice

Nick
    Shoot...thought I finally had someone envious of me. Not even I am envious of me!

As for SoCal, I moved here in 1974 and I'm pretty sure I'm going to stick around a while. It's a great place. According to local custom, I became a 'native' in 1984 (according to the guidelines of a local celebrity).
    Visit my blog! The Leadership Almanac
    2012 Masi Evoluzione
    2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2

Proud member of the original Club Tombay

In Memory of One Cool Cat Blackberry's Avatar
    My Bikes
    Lemond Victoire, Cannondale.Mountain Bike, two 1980s lugged steel Treks, ancient 1980-something Giant mountain bike converted into a slick tired commuter with mustache handlebars, 1960-something Raleigh Sports
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love those three words in one headline: " Digital Gee Envy." Now I'm gonna angle for "Webb Diego Envy." And I'll die a happy man.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackberry
    I love those three words in one headline: " Digital Gee Envy." Now I'm gonna angle for "Webb Diego Envy." And I'll die a happy man.
    You've got a lot of "angles," don't you fella? Yeah, I knew a guy like you in the service. He played all the angles. There wasn't a trick in the book he missed. Until one day he ran up against his match, and it almost cost him his life. Oh, I know. Everybody knows a guy who knew a guy who tried to "scam" another guy, and ended up pushing up daisies. But that can't happen to you, can it Buster. No, you're the smart guy with all the answers. Well, just hang around long enough, you'll get yours. It happens all the time. Some joker gets away with murder one too many times, and he ends up looking down the business end of a loaded .38 caliber revolver with a teflon coated hollow point slug in the chamber, just itching to find it's way into your brain. If you had one. Which you don't. Take it from me, Punk. The next time you see a little old lady walking down the street with the deed to her home sticking out of her purse, and you think to yourself, "this looks like an easy score," remember this...the sap who gets taken down the next time might just be you. And that wouldn't feel too good would it, Cowboy?

In Memory of One Cool Cat Blackberry's Avatar
    My Bikes
    Lemond Victoire, Cannondale.Mountain Bike, two 1980s lugged steel Treks, ancient 1980-something Giant mountain bike converted into a slick tired commuter with mustache handlebars, 1960-something Raleigh Sports
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Webb Diego
    . The next time you see a little old lady walking down the street with the deed to her home sticking out of her purse, and you think to yourself, "this looks like an easy score," remember this...the sap who gets taken down the next time might just be you. And that wouldn't feel too good would it, Cowboy?
    I know I speak for milliions when I say, "I love you, man." God bless you. We need more like you.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there a Morgan Diego straight man?

Or do we all take turns playing that role?

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are we talking about the same Digital Gee who a few days ago was desirous of "taking a mulligan on his life?"