Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dear Tom Stormcrowe:

Huh?

Sincerely,

T' man
    It's all downhill from here. Except the parts that are uphill.

The Site Administrator: Currently at home recovering from a couple of strokes,please contact my assistnt admins for forum issues Tom Stormcrowe's Avatar
    My Bikes
    Techna Wheelchair and a Sun EZ 3 Recumbent Trike
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrierman
    Dear Tom Stormcrowe:

Huh?

Sincerely,

T' man
    The graphing points are my monthly mileages over 2006. Basically, I was giving a visual showing time in the saddle and just under 4000 miles last year.
    on light duty due to illness; please contact my assistants for forum issues. They are Siu Blue Wind, or CbadRider or the other 3 star folk. I am currently at home recovering from a couple of strokes. I am making good progress, happily.

. “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”- Fredrick Nietzsche

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant

My Bikes
    GF Wahoo '05, Trek T1000 '04, Lemond Buenos Aires '07
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Y'all have inspired me. Rode Saturday, break Sunday, trainer Monday and Tuesday, Rode in 32 degree weather on Wednesday (0 for you centigraders), and yesterday I felt like three-day old roadkill. I'm sure it gets better......

My Bikes
    Waterford 2200
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SesameCrunch
    I'm planning on the Davis Double. Fairly flate, well supported, longer daylight. Hope the wind isn't too rough. I'll be careful not to start out too fast. I was thinking of actually setting an mph goal for each half just to avoiding burning out too soon.
    Good choice, well supported double. There are some hills, but the last 60 miles is pretty much downhill or flat. I'm not doing the Davis Double this year, it falls on the same day as the Lung Ride (see link below). Usually if you get winds they will be at your back in the afternoon.
    Make mine a double!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Weak Link
    Y'all have inspired me. Rode Saturday, break Sunday, trainer Monday and Tuesday, Rode in 32 degree weather on Wednesday (0 for you centigraders), and yesterday I felt like three-day old roadkill. I'm sure it gets better......
    When you overtrain your body will tell you. My humble opinion is that cycling is the one sport where improvement comes ever so slowly so you tend not to notice. Do you do any group rides? I have found the one or two a week I can make are the best gauge of how I am progressing or regressing for that matter. I know how strong most of the riders are and have set my 2007 goals along those lines.

Look into doing some cross training to supplement your riding. Weights, running, hiking, snowshoe you name it. If you ride thousands of miles at a fixed pace you will be able to ride thousands of miles at that pace.

My Bikes
    Bruce Gordon BLT, Cannondale parts bike, Ecodyne recumbent trike, Counterpoint Opus 2, miyata 1000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I live with 12-15 miles commute on days I do hard physical labor. On non-work weekdays I can cope with 20-30 miles every day at a touring pace and not feel it.
    This space open

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12