Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A Canuck replacement for pie

A question for my countrymen and ladies,what do you eat at our ubiquitous coffee place,Timmy's in place of what seems to be the mandatory piece of pie that everybody raves obout having during or after a jaunt around the block. I've been thinking that a couple of Boston Creams or Double Choclate or one of each ,even a Blueberry Fritter(included just to keep certain fellow Fifty Plusers quiet)would be suitable replacements. Seeing as I don't like the taste of coffee I wash them down with an extra large Hot Choclate with a small short of Raspberry. The reason I ask is that a route I'm going to be using as a training ride has a Timmys at the turnaround spot. Your thoughts,Please.

The Site Administrator: Currently at home recovering from a couple of strokes,please contact my assistnt admins for forum issues Tom Stormcrowe's Avatar
    My Bikes
    Techna Wheelchair and a Sun EZ 3 Recumbent Trike
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by overthehillmedi
    A question for my countrymen and ladies,what do you eat at our ubiquitous coffee place,Timmy's in place of what seems to be the mandatory piece of pie that everybody raves obout having during or after a jaunt around the block. I've been thinking that a couple of Boston Creams or Double Choclate or one of each ,even a Blueberry Fritter(included just to keep certain fellow Fifty Plusers quiet)would be suitable replacements. Seeing as I don't like the taste of coffee I wash them down with an extra large Hot Choclate with a small short of Raspberry. The reason I ask is that a route I'm going to be using as a training ride has a Timmys at the turnaround spot. Your thoughts,Please.
    MMMMMM, Tim Horton's....DROOL! Great Apple Fritters!
    on light duty due to illness; please contact my assistants for forum issues. They are Siu Blue Wind, or CbadRider or the other 3 star folk. I am currently at home recovering from a couple of strokes. I am making good progress, happily.

. “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”- Fredrick Nietzsche

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant

My Bikes
    '04 Giant OCR2, '87 Schwinn World Sport F/G conversion, '85 Schwinn Super Le Tour, '92 Trek 820
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tim Horton's has jumped the border* into Michigan and maybe other states, and I go to Ontario pretty often. I vote for the fritters or butter tarts.

Oh, and they also have a very nice cinnamon coffee cake by the slice, don't they?

Too bad you're not a coffee drinker, Tim's is pretty good.

In summer the iced cappucino wouldn't be bad either.

-----

(*the "tip of the spear" in the secret Canadian plan for eventual economic domination of the U.S.?)
    '04 Giant OCR2|'87 Schwinn World Sport F/G conversion (6,129)|'92 Trek 820 MTB|'85 Schwinn Super LeTour
    "People who spend most of their natural lives riding iron bicycles over the rocky roadsteads of this parish get their personalities mixed up with the personalities of their bicycle as a result of the interchanging of the atoms of each of them and you would be surprised at the number of people in these parts who are nearly half people and half bicycles." - Flann O'Brien, The Third Policeman

wheezer geezer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1 large coffee double double
    1 apple fritter
    fifty5

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by overthehillmedi
    I've been thinking that a couple of Boston Creams or Double Choclate or one of each ,even a Blueberry Fritter(included just to keep certain fellow Fifty Plusers quiet)would be suitable replacements.

It's good to have a fantasy life, but "suitable replacement"? Now, that's just plain delusional.
    A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking. - S. Wright

My Bikes
    '01 Specialized Hard Rock, '06 Specialized Sequoia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mmm,Tim Horton's blueberry muffins...I'm about to embarrass myself. Used to be a mandatory stop when I visited my daughter at college in Columbus. Steve

My Bikes
    Rodriguez Shiftless street fixie with S&S couplers, Kuwahara tandem, Trek carbon, Dolan track
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a big fan of the Boston Creams at Tim's. Also, any time I'm competing at a Canadian track (you're usually there all day), I'll grab a large ham and swiss and save it for lunch. Great race food.

I've found, though, that you can divide Canadians into two groups as far as coffee: those who like Tim's, and those who like Starbuck's. I find Tim's is too mild. I prefer the burnt taste of Starbuck's dark French roast straight black (I never order the caps, lattes, or whatever of those girlie drinks), whereas those who dislike Starbuck's really like Tim's.

Actually, when you think about it, most people who drink Starbucks drink it with a ton of low-fat steamed milk, so it's probably not about the coffee. I guess it's like buying a good single-malt Scotch and then watering it down with soda. Yikes!

- L.