Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Brooks B 68

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-07, 11:10 AM

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked 51 Times in 30 Posts
Brooks B 68

Brooks just came out with the B 68. It's the same size as the B 67, with no springs. I just ordered one from SpicerCycles.com. He said he didn't know the exact price yet, but would let me know Monday. He said it would be around a $100, but would give me a break on the price, so I said order it. It's pretty close to the same weight as the B 17. I'll update you on the price Monday.
Old 02-10-07, 03:47 PM
Been Around Awhile

Bikes: Vaterland and Ragazzi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 1,536 Times in 1,045 Posts
Originally Posted by George
Brooks just came out with the B 68. It's the same size as the B 67, with no springs. I just ordered one from SpicerCycles.com. He said he didn't know the exact price yet, but would let me know Monday. He said it would be around a $100, but would give me a break on the price, so I said order it. It's pretty close to the same weight as the B 17. I'll update you on the price Monday.
Sounds like a B72 with single rail clamping mechanism. The B72/B66/B67 all have the same size leather. The B72 was OEM on a zillion older Raleighs and its loop "springs" had zero spring action. The off bike B72 saddle pictured below was recently retired by me and was OEM on a 1972 Raleigh Sports.
https://sheldonbrown.com/harris/saddles/brooks-b72.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Hitch connection.JPG (81.3 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg
B72.JPG (66.7 KB, 16 views)
Old 02-10-07, 11:09 PM
His Brain is Gone!

Bikes: RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Here's a pic

There are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me. Bruce Cameron - Denver Post
Old 02-11-07, 06:39 PM

Bikes: recumbent & upright

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked 40 Times in 31 Posts
i got a b-68 from wallbike (they provide great service), it came just before christmas;
first put it on my winter/commuter bike (replacing a comfortable b-17) - a cross-check with albatross handlebars; rode it a 100km or so-couldn't find the right position. the "nose" seems a litttle narrow for the seat's width or perhaps the edges of the "nose" are a little more abrupt than on a b-17. then i moved the b-68 to my mud bike - a trek 6500, seems to work well there or perhaps i'm just getting it broke in.
ps- my partner wants to put the b-68 on her bike, when she starts riding again after the temps get above freezing. we might have to get another b-68.