2012 Masi Evoluzione, 2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

May I have some cheese with my whine?

My knee hurts.

It's raining all day today anyway.

My 15 year old daughter, bless her heart, awoke me at 4 a.m. because she had just, um, "tossed her cookies" all over the floor, bed, area rug, you name it. Poor thing isn't sick -- something clearly didn't agree with her. That kept us up for a while! She's asleep now, thank goodness.

So I'm off to the grocery store (by car, dammit) to get air freshener, paper towels (I used all I had!), and ibuprofin.

Happy President's Day, fellow 'Merkins!
    Visit my blog! The Leadership Almanac
    2012 Masi Evoluzione
    2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2

Proud member of the original Club Tombay

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could it have been Dad's home-made linguica pizza? As an older father speaking to a "younger" father, you'll recall this night with a smiling almost wistfulness in a few years. One of those family memories among others you may revisit after she calls telling you how college is going or she can't quite make it home this weekend. At present, best go wash the floor.
    Riding and aging don't get easier, you just get slower at slowing down.] (FiftyPlus observation inspired by G. Lemond.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trust me, this is one of those mornings that you'll remember 20 years from now as one of the best of your entire life...

EDIT: I wrote this just as CC was posting...so the sentiment is spontaneously identical!

His Brain is Gone! Tom Bombadil's Avatar
    My Bikes
    RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds to me like you need some wine with your whine.
    "Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen." Louis L'Amour

There are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me. Bruce Cameron - Denver Post

My Bikes
    1983 Trek 720; 1983 Trek 620; 1989 Gi Cannondale Bad Boy Ultra; LeMond Victoire; Bike Friday Pocket Rocket Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No cheese for you Digital Gee. It's bad for your arteries. Now eat your texturized vegetable protein burger and have a nice day.
    Last edited by Jet Travis; 02-19-07 at 01:22 PM.
    "Light it up, Popo." --Levi Leipheimer

Take a deep breath, and ask--What would Sheldon do?
    My Bikes
    Nishiki Nut! International, Pro, Olympic 12, Sport mixte, and others too numerous to mention.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a Persian cat named Fine Whines...

East Hill

I need more cowbell. Digital Gee's Avatar
    My Bikes
    2012 Masi Evoluzione, 2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's just after noon. I've returned with air freshener, a can of Resolve, paper towels, and I bought two videos to watch with my daughter this afternoon. (She's STILL asleep!)

Everything is cleaned up and smelling good again. We'll be watching "Thank You For Smoking," and "Prairie Home Companion" a little later on.

CC and BP, you're right. It's going to become a good memory as time goes on. I'll always have a bike, but I won't always have a 15 year old daughter.

I love being a Dad!
    Visit my blog! The Leadership Almanac
    2012 Masi Evoluzione
    2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2

Proud member of the original Club Tombay

My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2 very different and very good movies. Enjoy!
    The more you ride your bike, the less your ass will hurt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel your pain...

It was a cold winter night, mommy and daddy where snug in their bed, sleeping soundly, blissfully unaware of what was transpiring on the opposite side of the bedroom wall.
    Then in the night came a small voice, "mommy, mommy". Through the fog of sleep, the words fought to be heard, "mommy, I threw up". In a instant, clarity reigned supreme, mommy and daddy feared the worst, please no, please no, no, no, don't let me here those words. "where did you throw up?" no, no, no, no, no, no, don't say it. "in my bed". OH F***! was the internal scream. So with sleep being sacrificed on the alter of parenthood, mommy and daddy cleanup and changed the sheets, of the loft bed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As long as we're reminiscing and comforting DG:

Driving my then 11 year old, half asleep daughter home from the oral surgeon, she announced she was throwing up while we were idling at a stop light. The paper bag and towel I had thoughtfully brought I had thoughtlessly tossed behind the driver's seat where I couldn't get to them. So, she throws up in my cupped hands. I try to hit the driver window control button with my elbow while not dripping too much in my lap. We got home safely. And cleaned up.

I wouldn't change that memory for the world, and she and I laugh every time we recall it. Go easy on the pepperoni tonight, DG-- and have great time.
    Riding and aging don't get easier, you just get slower at slowing down.] (FiftyPlus observation inspired by G. Lemond.)

My Bikes
    2007 Trek Madone 5.0 WSD - 2007 Trek 4300 WSD - 2008 Trek 520
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CrossChain
    As long as we're reminiscing and comforting DG:
    Another one to comfort DG:

Several years ago the kids (4) and I picked the cat up from the vet after she had surgery to reset her broken jaw. I placed the groggy cat on the front seat and the kids were in the back. A few miles from home the cat climbed onto my lap and proceeded to pee all over me. The stench was horrible. Everyone was gagging and my son (who always had a sensitive stomach and was seated behind me) immediately threw-up all over the back of my seat and in my hair. Upon arriving home I just went to the basement, stripped and threw my clothes in the washer and headed for the shower. It took forever to get the smell out of the car. We still laugh about that day
    =============================================================
    My cancer updates:
    https://www.mylifeline.org/beverlyow...=myupdates.cfm

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
    -- Antonio Smith

My Bikes
    2007 Trek Madone 5.0 WSD - 2007 Trek 4300 WSD - 2008 Trek 520
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Gee
    My knee hurts.

It's raining all day today anyway.

My 15 year old daughter, bless her heart, awoke me at 4 a.m. because she had just, um, "tossed her cookies" all over the floor, bed, area rug, you name it. Poor thing isn't sick -- something clearly didn't agree with her. That kept us up for a while! She's asleep now, thank goodness.

So I'm off to the grocery store (by car, dammit) to get air freshener, paper towels (I used all I had!), and ibuprofin.

Happy President's Day, fellow 'Merkins!

Hope your daughter is feeling better, DG.
    =============================================================
    My cancer updates:
    https://www.mylifeline.org/beverlyow...=myupdates.cfm

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
    -- Antonio Smith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beverly

Several years ago the kids (4) and I picked the cat up from the vet after she had surgery to reset her broken jaw. I placed the groggy cat on the front seat and the kids were in the back. A few miles from home the cat climbed onto my lap and proceeded to pee all over me. The stench was horrible. Everyone was gagging and my son (who always had a sensitive stomach and was seated behind me) immediately threw-up all over the back of my seat and in my hair. Upon arriving home I just went to the basement, stripped and threw my clothes in the washer and headed for the shower. It took forever to get the smell out of the car. We still laugh about that day
    OK, OK - you win!

No more submissions please, else I'll have to pull out a nasty one that makes these pale.....

My Bikes
    '04 Giant OCR2, '87 Schwinn World Sport F/G conversion, '85 Schwinn Super Le Tour, '92 Trek 820
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wonder if it was that stomach virus that's been going around and even making the news? It goes away on its own in a day or two, anyway.

Bad news is, you could get it too. But while is's miserable enough it's really no worse than the usual 24hr stomach bug.

But anyway, enjoy the movies. "PHC" is great. Lindsay Lohan is surprisingly good too. If she ever gets her head screwed on reasonably straight (at least by actor standards - they're mostly flakes. Take it from this ex-theater major) she could grow up to be a fine actress. Wanted to see "Thank You..." but missed it. Not enough time for me to make it out there from chilly MI & watch with you & yours, alas.
    '04 Giant OCR2|'87 Schwinn World Sport F/G conversion (6,129)|'92 Trek 820 MTB|'85 Schwinn Super LeTour
    "People who spend most of their natural lives riding iron bicycles over the rocky roadsteads of this parish get their personalities mixed up with the personalities of their bicycle as a result of the interchanging of the atoms of each of them and you would be surprised at the number of people in these parts who are nearly half people and half bicycles." - Flann O'Brien, The Third Policeman

Ain't Easy Being Cheesy CheeseLouise's Avatar
    My Bikes
    2006 Specialized Ruby Comp :)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beverly

Oh how this brings back the memories of the cute little, all black kitten that was rescued by my kids. The cute little kitten that peed on my head and pillow in the middle of the night Yup, it was a male cat and man did that stink! Not to mention I had the same reaction your son had Ahhhh the memories

Yup, DG you will look back and laugh

Oh and the cute, little black kitten, he found a new home
    "Bike First"
    "Work Later"

2006 Specialized Ruby Comp
    www.bikenaked.net

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah Gary,once again living in paradise has its penalties.The warm sub-tropical climate is a large petri-dish for up and coming viruses.

You need to go out and by one of those Lysol foggers and spray a 1mi.safety zone around your residence.:**