Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spring is here!!

What a change in weather in just a few days. Today was really nice. Although we had a shower just after daybreak and a second very brief one in the afternoon, it was a very nice day. Tomorrow we might even set a new record high temperature for the day.

I found my golf clubs and went out mid day and did some cross training and walked 18 holes carrying my bag. Wouldn't you think that after riding 7000 miles over the past year walking 18 holes would be a piece of cake? I got a little tired the last few holes but hung in there. I even managed to eagle the par 5 finishing hole...knocked it on the green in two and ran in a 15 foot putt!! Hooray!!

After working a little, I drug out the push mower and mowed the yard.

Then washed the van.

Yep..spring is here in NC!!! At least for a few days anyway.

I have meetings most of the day tomorrow...hopefully the last one will not go too late so I can get on the bike.....

I hope you're having better weather where you are.

el padre
    My Bikes
    Linear,
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Central Kansas...sunny and warm...went for my exercize and got in fourteen miles. I am getting used to clipless that I bought at Christmas. Today was the third ride with them and I feel good about them. Since I have not had a major mishap, almost fell the first time,,,but didn't,,, I am a little paranoid about falling. On the other hand I am conscious about uncliping anytime there "might" be a need.
    YES I am enjoying the Spring Weather...........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate you guys.

Although it was about 44 here in Michigan today, it's going to be quite a while before the lawnmover will be coming out.

My Bikes
    2007 Trek Madone 5.0 WSD - 2007 Trek 4300 WSD - 2008 Trek 520
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At least it's above freezing but it's definately not spring yet. The forecast for Friday is high 30's with sunshine. If it's not windy I hope to get out and do some riding before I forget what it's like
    =============================================================
    My cancer updates:
    https://www.mylifeline.org/beverlyow...=myupdates.cfm

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
    -- Antonio Smith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It got up to almost 50 here in N. Colorado, and looked like a beautiful day to be out biking. Too bad I picked up yet another cold from my daughter -- that's three this winter.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was 70 here today. My son and I went for a nice ride together after work. He had the day off and spent the better part of in on his MTB on some single track near our home. No need to mow the yard yet though.
    It's all downhill from here. Except the parts that are uphill.

My Bikes
    04 Trek 2100, Ultegra, Koobi,Syntace
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hit 75 for a high in NW MS today, but I was too busy to ride. My job really gets in the way sometimes.

Been Around Awhile I-Like-To-Bike's Avatar
    My Bikes
    Vaterland and Ragazzi
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jppe
    What a change in weather in just a few days. Today was
    Yep. it was -8°F. when I rode to work last Thursday morning. Needless to say I was bundled up. I wore shorts today for the first time in a while, cycling home at 52°.

No washing the car or bike though, the weekend snow is still melting and the roads are still full of wet salt and sand.

My Bikes
    Seven Ti Tandem, Blue T12 tri bike, 92 Paramount, 93 Schwinn Mesa MTB, Trek 520 tourer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yesterday was so pretty I gave it up at the office and did a 25 miler in shorts and short sleeves....and this morning the daffodils have bloomed.
    Most economic fallacies derive from the tendency to assume that there is a fixed pie, that one party can gain only at the expense of another.....Milton Friedman

My Bikes
    2006 Lemond Tourmalet triple
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The last few days have been practically perfect. Tuesday I got in 28 mi. with a local club, plus 16 mi. round trip to the assembly point for the ride. Even did a couple of quick errands on my utility bike. Rode to work today, and when I get home, I plan to do another 18-25 mi. Weather like this is just too good to waste.
    Starve a terrorist - ride a bike to work. It's not just good for the environment, it's good for civilization.

My new blog is No Pinch Flats.

My Bikes
    1984 Peugeot P8; 2006 Trek 5200
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes jppe - This has been a good week so far. Wed early am had some rain so no morning ride, but rode Sun, Tues and now this morning. Temp at 5:30am 49 degrees. Rode without the shoe covers and without my winter head cover beneath my helmet. It was really nice. For the last month I have been getting by riding just on weekends. Getting back to a normal early morning riding schedule during the week has felt great!

rck
    My Bikes
    cannondale 400st, dean el diente, specialized hybrid
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Signs of spring-1 less layer of clothing on todays ride(temps in the low 30,s but windy), my water bottle did not freeze up, and I saw a flock of robins!

My Bikes
    Bacchetta Corsa, RANS Stratus XP
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    80 degrees here yesterday, we rode in short sleeves and shorts. It looks like the same today. Hard to believe that a week ago, Tuesday, the high was 33 degrees.
    Bud
    * 2009 RANS XStream
    * 2007 RANS Stratus XP
    * 2006 Bacchetta Corsa
    My Blog - uneasy-rider.com

They told me it's ok to post mileage over in the commuting forum, so you'll probably find me there these days.

My Bikes
    Specialized Roubaix, Giant Hybrid
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You guys make me like Florida even more! It is 77 degrees, 45% humidty at about 3:30 PM here. This morning, at 7:00 AM, I went out for a 25 mile ride in 59 degree weather, which passes for a cold front here.

My Bikes
    Leader home built hardtail, Diamondback Response
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    aaarrrrgggghhhh!

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    May be moaning about our weather but compared to what some of you have- I feel lucky. Having to put plenty of layers on right now makes me realise how much lighter I am going to be when I can get down to just shorts and short sleeve top.

Just wish the garden woud realise how Cold and wet it is. The grass keeps growing but I can't cut it unless I feel like turning it into a mud patch. Still haven't done the Autumn pruning as the plants haven't gone dormant and Like Others- Narcissus are in full bloom.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

My Bikes
    '04 Giant OCR2, '87 Schwinn World Sport F/G conversion, '85 Schwinn Super Le Tour, '92 Trek 820
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Upper 30s here today with 30+ mph winds. Colder for the weekend.

Not that I care -- I'll be here for a week starting Saturday!

Adios, amigos.
    '04 Giant OCR2|'87 Schwinn World Sport F/G conversion (6,129)|'92 Trek 820 MTB|'85 Schwinn Super LeTour
    "People who spend most of their natural lives riding iron bicycles over the rocky roadsteads of this parish get their personalities mixed up with the personalities of their bicycle as a result of the interchanging of the atoms of each of them and you would be surprised at the number of people in these parts who are nearly half people and half bicycles." - Flann O'Brien, The Third Policeman

His Brain is Gone! Tom Bombadil's Avatar
    My Bikes
    RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bcoppola
    U
    Not that I care -- I'll be here for a week starting Saturday!
    Looks like it only going to be around 26 to 27 there!
    "Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen." Louis L'Amour

There are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me. Bruce Cameron - Denver Post

My Bikes
    1984 Peugeot P8; 2006 Trek 5200
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So much for the warm weather. A front is coming through right now. Winds between tonight and noon tomorrow with gusts to 45mph and the morning temp will be back below freezing.

My Bikes
    Serotta, kestrel, Raleigh, Cannondale, Proflex, Santana tandem, Santana Stylus (single), Trek, Schwinn, Azuki
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by p8rider
    So much for the warm weather. A front is coming through right now. Winds between tonight and noon tomorrow with gusts to 45mph and the morning temp will be back below freezing.
    Yes, but it will be in the mid 50's by Friday afternoon. Today's 75 degrees was great until I turned for home and hit the ex-tailwind turned headwind.... ugh!!!!!

His Brain is Gone! Tom Bombadil's Avatar
    My Bikes
    RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spring may be there, but it is not here.

We are under a snowstorm alert for this weekend. Chance of 10"-12" by Sunday.

Bop
    Journey-man
    My Bikes
    Custom S&S coupled cross bike and a custom S&S coupled 29er single speed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 for Mr Bombadil. No relief here, either. Single digit temps and piles of snow on the shoulders of the roads. Taking my Swift folder to Seattle for a week in mid-March.

My Bikes
    '96 Trek 5500 OCLV, '05 Trek 6500 SLR
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    8" of snow fell this morning at our home here in the foothills 50 miles east of Sacramento, and more is expected in the next few days. I shoveled off the driveway this afternoon, but it will be a while before daytime temps and road conditions are right for a ride.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!"

My Bikes
    Merlin Extralight Topolino Wheels Campy Record
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heck I even got to ride outdoors today. 41 F, NO WIND, sunny.

My Bikes
    Cannondale T800, Marin Hybrid
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    St. Joseph, MI
    Clear,
    22°Friday
    35° / 16°Saturday
    39° / 16°Sunday
    40° / 29°Monday
    35° / 24°Tuesday

Rain and/or snow every day through Tuesday.

Better, but still nothing to brag about.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast