Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

did you ride today?

Well we had one good day here in the midwest and since i was working from home today, decided to take a couple of hours and ride! Did about 30mi in bright sunshine. Weather was in between jacket and short sleeves - i opted for short sleeves and shorts - a bit cold but got me closer to 20mph. Only one drawback - when on the bikepath coming to an intersection, one car kept going so i slowed down to stop, the other stopped to let me go - so i had to really slow down and wait for the first car, Unfortunately by the time i was ready to get going, i was so slow - my right pedal was disengaged but the left was not - guess which way i ended up leaning ;-< The poor woman that had stopped orignially waited 2 minutes and kept asking if i was really ok. I confided in a fellow biker as he went by that it was more embarassing than painful. Anyway got back on and made my way home. Hopefully this was the one fall for the year!

My Bikes
    Used Marin MTB, New 6/06 Scott Contessa Speedster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm working, but will be off at 4:30. They might as well let me out now, it is beautiful and I just want to ride!

My Bikes
    1984 Peugeot P8; 2006 Trek 5200
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    first ride in 2 1/2 weeks. Got out this morning at 5:15. Light breeze about 45 degrees. Good to be out on the bike again!!

seattle based cyclist merlinman's Avatar
    My Bikes
    Merlin Extralight, Gios Steel, Schwinn Voyageur fixie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3 hours. Cold, and then wet at the end. Typical Spring!
    Andiamo!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad you are OK from your mishap.
    NO ride for me.....rain all day........can't even reach our normal low temp.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish!
    Still at work and the Mrs & I are headed off to the thee-uh-tuh tonight
    No ride tomorrow, got our monthly Brunch gig down the coast.
    Sunday, I get to do all the house chores...

But after last night, a good couple of days off'll be good for me. Maybe I'll spin a little.
    '13 Felt Z3 - '08 Jamis Aurora Elite - ('07 Giant OCR C2)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I rode 36.2 miles with my wife and a few local club members. It was 50F and virtually calm. Good day to ride.
    Dennis T

My Bikes
    Trek 7700, C'dale R2000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Rick,
    Remember me. I got this son in Yellow Springs, OH to visit. I came on Thursday with best intentions to go bike riding on the little Miami Scenic trail from Springfield to Cincinnati. The wind was awesome on Thursday and the temperatures in the low 30's.
    Today was a little better and I did the 150 mile round trip. It was not funny. South wind strong going south, turning north wind in the afternoon. That means 150 miles against wind most of the time. i was really beat and happy to see the hotel.
    Hey, it is supposed to be better down here than up there. It isn't.

My Bikes
    2007 Trek Madone 5.0 WSD - 2007 Trek 4300 WSD - 2008 Trek 520
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today's weather has been the best in quite awhile and I didn't have the chance to get out
    The cat had surgery, housework, yard work, etc.....
    =============================================================
    My cancer updates:
    https://www.mylifeline.org/beverlyow...=myupdates.cfm

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
    -- Antonio Smith

My Bikes
    GF Wahoo '05, Trek T1000 '04, Lemond Buenos Aires '07
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too cold around here. Even worse tomorrow. I'm stuck painting rooms.

As they say, screw the Future, I'm cold NOW. Encourage global warming.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today was my second group ride of the year and I was toast. About ten miles in I told the ride leader that I was bailing so as not to slow the group down. As I headed home I ran into a group that I rode with last year and joined them. We were overtaken by the first group so I joined back in, and got to the starting point before the end of pack got in. When they got in the folks stared at me and asked if I had gotten a sudden burst of energy.

It was real hard to admit that I cut about six miles off the route.

My Bikes
    '08 Orbea Diva "The Avocado"; Specialized Dolce comp "Sweet Thang"; Co-Motion Roadster "Blue Jay", Fuji Team Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had a mid-afternoon ride with my husband. We had a 9 mph wind but we planned to ride into the wind in a protected valley, rather than on a flat. The route we took was about 35 miles, including a 13% hill close to the end of the ride, and we finished in just under 2 hrs. My avg. was 17.9 mph., an improvement.

This was my first ride in 10 days. Sure felt good to get out!

Rain's in the forecast for tomorrow so I'll hit the gym & lift; a small group of us are planning on a Sunday ride, weather permitting. Yeah, we're spoiled in California.
    When my feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says, "Oh, *****, she's awake!"

Visit my blog.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by will dehne
    Hi Rick,
    Remember me. I got this son in Yellow Springs, OH to visit. I came on Thursday with best intentions to go bike riding on the little Miami Scenic trail from Springfield to Cincinnati. The wind was awesome on Thursday and the temperatures in the low 30's.
    Today was a little better and I did the 150 mile round trip. It was not funny. South wind strong going south, turning north wind in the afternoon. That means 150 miles against wind most of the time. i was really beat and happy to see the hotel.
    Hey, it is supposed to be better down here than up there. It isn't.

Will - great to hear from u again. Yea - it is supposed to be nicer here but i think someone forgot to wake spring this year. hard to believe it was in the 80's just a few weeks ago. glad u got out on Friday - maybe we passed each other on the trail! I started from home, rode to the trail in Milford and then rode up to north of loveland before turning back. only had a few hours. it didn;t look too windy out but i felt it on the bike. fortunately for me i had the north wind on my start - unfortunately, i have a 1 mile hill to climb near home.

i guess if you are still in the area, you should be crying about now - the rain out there is miserable so nothing today or probably tomorrow. Hope you enjoy the weekend with your son - oh and bye the way, hope there isn;t too much snow to shovel when u get home :-)

rick

My Bikes
    Trek 7700, C'dale R2000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rick11
    Will - great to hear from u again.................
    it didn;t look too windy out but i felt it on the bike. fortunately for me i had the north wind on my start - .............
    Hope you enjoy the weekend with your son - oh and bye the way, hope there isn;t too much snow to shovel when u get home :-)

rick
    Rick- Yea, it looks dreary today, but what the hell, we will bike anyway.
    I traced my problem of yesterday to bonking. I foolishly tried to loose weight and go 150 miles, on just trail-mix. I do not recommend that.
    OK, it is not raining as I write this and off we go for a ride with 4 layers of clothes, triple socks, insulated shoe covers. That ought to do it.
    I have not looked at Rockford weather. I am sure it is depressing.
    Spring will come, will it not?
    Will

Yen
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gosh I haven't ridden my new bike in more than a week! Yesterday I had thumb PT in the morning, then we went bike shopping for Hubby (he ordered the Trek 7500 after his shoulder surgeon said "go for it!" ), then dinner. Today - little league, and the first classic-car cruise night is tonight. Tomorrow I plan to do a little gardening while the weather is cool.
    Specialized Roubaix Expert
    Surly Long Haul Trucker

My Bikes
    Bacchetta Corsa, RANS Stratus XP
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Contrary to plans, I didn't ride either yesterday or today. Yesterday, I spent all morning at the VA hospital getting an fna on my neck (yuck), then the rest of the day dodging tornadoes.

Today, I was going to ride the Lancaster Country Ride, but it's 40's, with 30+ winds out of the north; I'm sitting here getting ready to start my taxes (double yuck).
    Bud
    * 2009 RANS XStream
    * 2007 RANS Stratus XP
    * 2006 Bacchetta Corsa
    My Blog - uneasy-rider.com

They told me it's ok to post mileage over in the commuting forum, so you'll probably find me there these days.

My Bikes
    Cannondale T800, Marin Hybrid
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did ride. I have been collecting stuff for my new touring bike. Last night I put it all on. The new front rack (Tubus Tara), and the handlebar release thing for the bag I bought (Ortlieb). I had just bought some of the new Ortlieb Front Roller Panniers so I wanted to see how it handled with the bags on the front. Couldn't wait for warmer weather so I stuffed the bags full of clothes, put some stuff in the handlebar bag, and went out for a while. Bike rides MUCH better with a load on it. Did about 20 miles with the front bags and it was great.

I need more cowbell. Digital Gee's Avatar
    My Bikes
    2012 Masi Evoluzione, 2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MichiganMike
    I did ride. I have been collecting stuff for my new touring bike. Last night I put it all on. The new front rack (Tubus Tara), and the handlebar release thing for the bag I bought (Ortlieb). I had just bought some of the new Ortlieb Front Roller Panniers so I wanted to see how it handled with the bags on the front. Couldn't wait for warmer weather so I stuffed the bags full of clothes, put some stuff in the handlebar bag, and went out for a while. Bike rides MUCH better with a load on it. Did about 20 miles with the front bags and it was great.
    That's great, Mike! I know you've been ITCHING to get out there and take a ride. Must have felt great to be "out and about"
    Visit my blog! The Leadership Almanac
    2012 Masi Evoluzione
    2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2

Proud member of the original Club Tombay

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bud Bent
    Contrary to plans, I didn't ride either yesterday or today. Yesterday, I spent all morning at the VA hospital getting an fna on my neck (yuck), then the rest of the day dodging tornadoes.

Today, I was going to ride the Lancaster Country Ride, but it's 40's, with 30+ winds out of the north; I'm sitting here getting ready to start my taxes (double yuck).
    Bud - doesn;t sound like you had the best of days! IHopefully you can get out soon - t's about 3pm and the rain is pouring down - and it is 43. So to much for me to take - i think i will take a nap. I know - lazy lazy, but my wife and i did go to our 1 hr salsa dance lesson so got moving somewhat - at least in the hips!

rick

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yen
    Gosh I haven't ridden my new bike in more than a week! Yesterday I had thumb PT in the morning, then we went bike shopping for Hubby (he ordered the Trek 7500 after his shoulder surgeon said "go for it!" ), then dinner. Today - little league, and the first classic-car cruise night is tonight. Tomorrow I plan to do a little gardening while the weather is cool.

Yen - did your husband get his bike? hope you both can get out and enjoy it. No outdoor stuff here this weekend - it is miserable!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Rider
    Had a mid-afternoon ride with my husband. We had a 9 mph wind but we planned to ride into the wind in a protected valley, rather than on a flat. The route we took was about 35 miles, including a 13% hill close to the end of the ride, and we finished in just under 2 hrs. My avg. was 17.9 mph., an improvement.

This was my first ride in 10 days. Sure felt good to get out!

Rain's in the forecast for tomorrow so I'll hit the gym & lift; a small group of us are planning on a Sunday ride, weather permitting. Yeah, we're spoiled in California.
    ahh to feel the sun in california - i'm lookin for a little spoilin! maybe i'll flip thru some travel brochures ;-<

rick

My Bikes
    Miyata, Fuji
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No ridin today in central Tejas, wind at 40mph!!!! But tomorrow is gonna be much warmer and hardly any wind. Spring in Texas is always strange!!
    "The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane."

My Bikes
    2005 Windsor Kennet, 1982 Raleigh Super Course
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did a very hilly ride starting in Westchester NY and going into Connecticut and back for a total of 63+ miles. Our group from Long Island decided to go up state a little to ride. Did I say very hilly.

Yen
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rick11
    Yen - did your husband get his bike? hope you both can get out and enjoy it. No outdoor stuff here this weekend - it is miserable!
    We finally got out this afternoon for our first real ride! We rode 6 miles and it was my first ride in traffic. We live close to busy streets so I needed to conquer that. I also finally got the hang of changing the front gears and that went pretty well. Our leg muscles are still sound asleep from too many years of no riding at all... hoping they will come along pretty soon.

Rick - Hubby ordered a Trek 7500 yesterday... it should arrive sometime next week. Meanwhile, he is riding his early-70s Schwinn Sport Tourer road bike. His shoulder surgeon (a cyclist himself) gave him the green light to ride ("Go ahead!") and agreed it would be best to ride a bike with raised bars, which the 7500 will give him, though his shoulder felt fine while riding today.

I feel for those of you who are still having bad weather. It must seem like it is never going to end.

Jen
    Specialized Roubaix Expert
    Surly Long Haul Trucker

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yen
    Gardening? On a riding day?

I had to do the same yesterday so Sunday morning- all ready to go and the garden is neat and tidy with only 200 jobs left to do in it.

Just to come away from the Bike forums/gardening/ready to ride bit- Bike is ready to go But watch out Yen- This bug gets you. The garden has to make room for the Bike shed next.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast