Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, what a great day !!!

Spring has finally arrived on the Southern Shores of Lake Ontario. We're flirting with the 50 degree mark. The bride and I even felt confident enough to take the studded snow tires off the Tacoma last night and I rode my trusty old Trek 820 into work tonight (short commute, 10 miles round trip).

Just when I thought it couldn't get any better...pow!!!....my semi-annual visit to the Doc to check on my high Blood Pressure revealed I was down to 123/78 with a resting pulse of 60. Now these are far from athletic numbers, but they're the best I've had in years. In Jan. I was 150/100, then I lost 30 lbs. from the 1st week in Feb. thru Easter (yes, on purpose thru diet and exercise). Even though I fell off the wagon and put 10# back on the last couple of weeks, the results were still very positive.

Don't ya just love life...just when you adjust to the current status, things happen to either cheer you up or drag you down. It's nice to be on the up side for a change.

HAPPY SPRING EVERYONE !!!!

My Bikes
    2007 Trek Madone 5.0 WSD - 2007 Trek 4300 WSD - 2008 Trek 520
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cranky old dude
    Spring has finally arrived on the Southern Shores of Lake Ontario. We're flirting with the 50 degree mark. The bride and I even felt confident enough to take the studded snow tires off the Tacoma last night and I rode my trusty old Trek 820 into work tonight (short commute, 10 miles round trip).

Just when I thought it couldn't get any better...pow!!!....my semi-annual visit to the Doc to check on my high Blood Pressure revealed I was down to 123/78 with a resting pulse of 60. Now these are far from athletic numbers, but they're the best I've had in years. In Jan. I was 150/100, then I lost 30 lbs. from the 1st week in Feb. thru Easter (yes, on purpose thru diet and exercise). Even though I fell off the wagon and put 10# back on the last couple of weeks, the results were still very positive.

Don't ya just love life...just when you adjust to the current status, things happen to either cheer you up or drag you down. It's nice to be on the up side for a change.

HAPPY SPRING EVERYONE !!!!
    You might have to drop the cranky from your name if you keep this up

The weather here has decided to act like spring also and I'm loving every minute of it.
    =============================================================
    My cancer updates:
    https://www.mylifeline.org/beverlyow...=myupdates.cfm

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
    -- Antonio Smith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It just don't get any better than that!!