Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They're putting a shower in at work!

There has been a whole lot of construction at work lately. They turned the CEOs old office into a hallway. This afternoon I walked through to the other side and discovered that a shower was being installed.

The bad news is that my company is moving out of the location and the shower is for the company moving in. Wah!

Banned
    My Bikes
    roadbikes and full-suspension mountainbikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    See if you can score a new job with the company moving into the office!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Artkansas
    There has been a whole lot of construction at work lately. They turned the CEOs old office into a hallway. This afternoon I walked through to the other side and discovered that a shower was being installed.

The bad news is that my company is moving out of the location and the shower is for the company moving in. Wah!

I got so excited. It was starting to look like your workforce had figured out a way to downsize the CEO's position. Oh well.....

SIGH

My Bikes
    Bruce Gordon BLT, Cannondale parts bike, Ecodyne recumbent trike, Counterpoint Opus 2, miyata 1000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An old work place had showers and a change room but only enforcement agents could use it, a status thing. Even if you worked with the new company you might not be allowed to use the showers; need can have little to do with it.
    This space open

My Bikes
    2007 Trek Madone 5.0 WSD - 2007 Trek 4300 WSD - 2008 Trek 520
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ken cummings
    An old work place had showers and a change room but only enforcement agents could use it, a status thing. Even if you worked with the new company you might not be allowed to use the showers; need can have little to do with it.
    I guess I should consider myself lucky as my employer provides showers, exercise room, outdoor walking trails and several exercise classes for employees. The facilities are available to all employees and their families.

I realize all businesses can't provide these types of facilities but I'm sure many could provide some type of program to encourage their employees to adopt a healthier lifestyle. The current health insurance problem has caused many businesses to look at such programs.
    =============================================================
    My cancer updates:
    https://www.mylifeline.org/beverlyow...=myupdates.cfm

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
    -- Antonio Smith

I need more cowbell. Digital Gee's Avatar
    My Bikes
    2012 Masi Evoluzione, 2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I once worked for a company (a defense contractor) which installed a special bathroom for the General Manager of our division, which cost $80,000 and included some pretty nice imported Italian tile. This occured in the midst of layoffs, btw.
    Visit my blog! The Leadership Almanac
    2012 Masi Evoluzione
    2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2

Proud member of the original Club Tombay

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The new office doesn't even have running water...sounds like Arkansas huh.

But I will be able to mount a hummingbird feeder where I can see it. (Corner office even), and we are right next to a beautiful lake.

My Bikes
    1959 Capo; 1980 Peugeot PKN-10; 1981 Bianchi; 1988 Schwinn KOM-10;
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have one shower for each gender, but the water heater is sometimes flakey. The company President and cofounder is an avid surfer who likes to hit the waves at Del Mar, Swami's, or Tamarack on his way to work.
    "Early to bed, early to rise. Work like hell, and advertise." -- George Stahlman
    Capo [dschaw'-poe]: 1959 Modell Campagnolo, S/N 40324; 1960 Sieger, S/N 42624
    Peugeot: 1970 UO-8, S/N 0010468
    Bianchi: 1981 Campione d'Italia, S/N 1.M9914
    Schwinn: 1988 Project KOM-10, S/N F804069

My Bikes
    2007 Trek Madone 5.0 WSD - 2007 Trek 4300 WSD - 2008 Trek 520
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The new office doesn't even have running water...sounds like Arkansas huh.

But I will be able to mount a hummingbird feeder where I can see it. (Corner office even), and we are right next to a beautiful lake.
    No running water? What type of bathroom facilities without water?

You have a much better view than I do....I only get to watch the traffic on I-75
    =============================================================
    My cancer updates:
    https://www.mylifeline.org/beverlyow...=myupdates.cfm

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
    -- Antonio Smith

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beverly
    No running water? What type of bathroom facilities without water?

You have a much better view than I do....I only get to watch the traffic on I-75
    We have to walk down the hall to a common facility. There is nothing in the office. Yes, I get to see all the cigarette smokers from other offices out taking a break among the pine trees. Seems stupid to put smokers in an area where the ground is covered with pine needles. The potential for fire is astounding.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where I work, a communal shower doesn't sound like a very good idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did they get tired of the reek? bk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My office is moving this Saturday, into a building with a shower. I'm so tempted to start riding to work, but just don't know if it would take the joy out of riding.
    Oh I used to be disgusted and now I try to be amused. But since their wings have got rusted, you know, the angels wanna wear my red shoes. But when they told me 'bout their side of the bargain, that's when I knew that I could not refuse. And I won't get any older, now the angels wanna wear my red shoes.

Banned
    My Bikes
    Ellsworth Id
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that sucks...

...when we built our new offices in a renovated Victorian 3 storey house, we looked after our bike commuters (me and 4 others)...the first and second floor are an open concept work space for our team of 17, the basement has a full kitchen, shower big enough for 6 for our group showers (with heat lamps) 2 bathrooms, lockers for a change of clothes, and a full laundry. The 3'rd floor is our lounge...bar, plasma TV, home theatre, Jacuzzi...and there's a rooftop deck with BBQ, patio table and chairs off the 2'nd floor.

It's a wonder that any work gets done