Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  

Go Back   > >

Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

User Tag List

Old 04-28-07, 04:24 PM   #26
jp173

Bikes: Trek Pilot 1.2, Specialized Sirius
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by n4zou
Fitovers are the answer. I love mine! You just wear them over your prescription glasses and they provide real protection as well. Nothing like bugs, dirt, or gravel gets to your eyes or your expensive prescription glasses. They act sort of like goggles except they donít have a strap going round your head and sort of look like normal glasses.
Thanks for the suggestion, I've been looking for something like this for a while.
jp173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-07, 12:54 PM   #27
jp173

Bikes: Trek Pilot 1.2, Specialized Sirius
Quote:
Originally Posted by n4zou
Fitovers are the answer. I love mine! You just wear them over your prescription glasses and they provide real protection as well. Nothing like bugs, dirt, or gravel gets to your eyes or your expensive prescription glasses. They act sort of like goggles except they donít have a strap going round your head and sort of look like normal glasses.
http://www.fitovers.com/
Just did my first ride with a pair of these. They're perfect. No distortion at all. Fit well. Comfortable.

I was afraid that I was going to look like a dork wearing them, but they looked fine.

Thanks n4zou for posting about these.
jp173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-07, 02:41 PM   #28
abqhudson
Ti #18 Senior.

Bikes: Serotta Concours
My 2 cents.

FWIW.

Buy a pair of Serengetti sunglasses that you like the looks of. Have bifocal or? lenses made for them from Corning "Thin and Dark" lens material - a photochromatic material that will darken when driving your car. (most photochromatics won't darken for driving beacuse the windshield filters out too much of the UV for the photochromatic to work). These are great for all-of-the-time wear (indoors/outdoors and day/night). Most Walmarts can do this. I have two pair - small lens for wearing most of the time and big lens for bicycle/motorcycle riding. Yes, they are glass - I've no problems in wearing glass for 50 years and have had no problems through two motorcycle accidents. If you are afriad of glass - avoid these.

I may not be the biggest; I may not be the strongest; I may not be the fastest; but, I am not afraid.

YMMV.

Jim
abqhudson is offline   Reply With Quote