Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Thread: Jamis Aurora

My Bikes
    Specilized Expedition, 80's Trek 930/rigid fork/commuter build. Falcon Europa
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jamis Aurora

Hey guys,anybody know anything about the Jamis Aurora. I plan on using it for fitness riding,commuting, and maybe ride in a century. Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My first road bike was an Aurora, back in '97. I really liked it. I don't know what the models are like now.

My Bikes
    1983 Trek 720; 1983 Trek 620; 1989 Gi Cannondale Bad Boy Ultra; LeMond Victoire; Bike Friday Pocket Rocket Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jamis is known for making good bikes at reasonable prices. From what I can see, the Aurora woud be a fine bike for the purposes you outline. You could also tour with it. And, my prejudice is showing, but good for you for considering a steel frame.

Here are some reviews: http://www.roadbikereview.com/cat/la...3_5675crx.aspx
    "Light it up, Popo." --Levi Leipheimer

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't know the bike but as a bike- That will do. There are plenty of bikes out there- but not many with the reputaion that jamis has. Look at a couple of other bikes before you make a decision- as there are plenty out there. Look at the thread posted by SKT at

I am slowly but surely considering a road bike

For an alternative and the other options around.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not an Aurora but I just bought a Coda Elite and could not be happier. Jamis seems to put out a lot of bike for the money. One of the few to offer real choices with steel frames. Welded mind you, but steel nonetheless. My Coda with steel frame, carbon fork and aftermarket carbon seat post is a more comfortable ride than the aluminum comfort bike with suspension fork and suspension seat post I was riding. And there is just no comparison in the components. I've become a Jamis fan.
    It's all downhill from here. Except the parts that are uphill.

My Bikes
    Cannondale T800, Marin Hybrid
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I checked out the Aurora when I was looking for a touring bike (they put it in that category). I liked it a lot. The only reason I didn't go for it was the slightly smaller chainstay compared to a couple of other bikes I was looking at. That can make a bit of a difference with panniers, but not a whole lot. The price was great for what you got. If it feels right to you I'd definately get it. When I researched the various bikes I was considering, it always got high marks.

My Bikes
    88 Fisher Gemini tandem, 92 Trek 970, 07 Nashbar Frame, 08 Gary Fisher Paragon
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to work in a shop that sold Jamis and the Aurora has been a very good bike and a value too. I can not remember any out of the box problems and those that bought them rode them hard and put em away wet.
    Should make a good bike for you.
    A Mess of old bikes...
    92 Trek 970
    08 Gary Fisher Paragon