Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lance Bare-Butt on a Bike photo....a question.

A b/w photo circulating of Lance hunched over Euro-pro style on his Trek. I printed, framed, and gave it to a friend who felt Lance's books had helped her in a personal crisis. She wants to think that is really (and completely) him, but someone told her it was just his head...the body was "borrowed". As I look at it, he does seem a little bulked out in the photo.

Does anyone have (someone posted this pic here a few weeks ago) any info on the pic? It sits on her desk and she'd like to believe-- but truth above all.

And "no", I don't plan on giving her a copy of the dust jacket photo on Mike Magnuson's book "Heft on a Bike"-- which, BTW, is good reading.

I need more cowbell. Digital Gee's Avatar
    My Bikes
    2012 Masi Evoluzione, 2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CrossChain
    A b/w photo circulating of Lance hunched over Euro-pro style on his Trek. I printed, framed, and gave it to a friend who felt Lance's books had helped her in a personal crisis. She wants to think that is really (and completely) him, but someone told her it was just his head...the body was "borrowed". As I look at it, he does seem a little bulked out in the photo.

Does anyone have (someone posted this pic here a few weeks ago) any info on the pic? It sits on her desk and she'd like to believe-- but truth above all.

And "no", I don't plan on giving her a copy of the dust jacket photo on Mike Magnuson's book "Heft on a Bike"-- which, BTW, is good reading.
    How about giving her a picture of YOU in a similar pose? Tha way you can attest to it's authenticity. Maybe with those new tires as well?
    Visit my blog! The Leadership Almanac
    2012 Masi Evoluzione
    2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2

Proud member of the original Club Tombay

My Bikes
    1983 Trek 720; 1983 Trek 620; 1989 Gi Cannondale Bad Boy Ultra; LeMond Victoire; Bike Friday Pocket Rocket Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The photo is by Annie Leibovitz, and based on Lance's famously unflat back, I can believe it's really him, but what do I know?

http://www.photoarts.com/bamart/html/leibovitz.html
    "Light it up, Popo." --Levi Leipheimer

Happy Rider
    My Bikes
    Gold Rush, Moots compact, Bike Friday Pocket Crusoe
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd much rather see Marla Streb in that position than Lance.

http://outside.away.com/magazine/200...rlastreb1.html

My Bikes
    RANS V3, RANS V-Rex, RANS Screamer
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Travis
    The photo is by Annie Leibovitz, and based on Lance's famously unflat back, I can believe it's really him, but what do I know?

http://www.photoarts.com/bamart/html/leibovitz.html
    It's not Lance. That's ME with his head photo-manipulated onto my body. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

My Bikes
    Too Many
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She is a serious photographer. I believe it is him. He is 5'10" and his competitive cycling weight was 165 to 170. He was not skinny by pro bike racer standards. It is all about the power to weight ratio. Lance produced the power.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Einstein