Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ReNewing Rider
    My Bikes
    old 10-speed...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LBS just called - it has arrived! I'll pick it up and ride it home in a few hours. More later.....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringrazor
    LBS just called - it has arrived! I'll pick it up and ride it home in a few hours. More later.....
    Be sure they "tension release" the spokes after a few miles of riding.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, we must be getting close. Wait! That's today! Alright, let's have it, then
    '13 Felt Z3 - '08 Jamis Aurora Elite - ('07 Giant OCR C2)

ReNewing Rider
    My Bikes
    old 10-speed...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I definitely like it! The Pilot 1.2 has been updated a bit from what's shown on the website. It has a paired spoke wheel instead of the ones shown in the website image. I don't remember the position indicators on the shifters but I could have missed them when I demo'd the bike. The seat (as someone warned me) isn't the most comfortable but I'll either get used to it or change it out. I was only able to ride for about 45 minutes before it got dark but with the hills I live around, that was enough to shift through most of the gears more than once.

What's the deal with helmuts? At Sports Chalet, they were $80-100 but the same make (Bell) with what looked like the same level of protection but less areodynamic-looking at Big 5 was $25. I'm not out to impress so I bought the $25 one.

I'm gonna want a cycle computer mostly to keep track of distance traveled. Of course the more I looked at different models the more features I wanted. My buddy likes his HR1000 and recommended it but as an IT geek, it bothers me that I can't upload data. I've been looking at the Polar CS200cad but reviews here are all over the place. Anyway, a cycle computer will be my next purchase.

As luck would have it, I'll be out of town from Sun-Fri for the next 2 weeks (at least) for work so I'm not gonna get to ride a lot.

The LBS owner said to bring it back for adjustment after about 10 rides. I think I'll drive to some flatland and ride tomorrow.
    Last edited by Stringrazor; 05-05-07 at 12:21 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12