Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  

Go Back   > >

Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

User Tag List

Old 05-04-07, 02:20 PM   #26
Stringrazor
ReNewing Rider

Bikes: old 10-speed...
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
LBS just called - it has arrived! I'll pick it up and ride it home in a few hours. More later.....
Stringrazor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-07, 02:54 PM   #27
DnvrFox
Banned.

Bikes:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringrazor
LBS just called - it has arrived! I'll pick it up and ride it home in a few hours. More later.....
Be sure they "tension release" the spokes after a few miles of riding.
DnvrFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-07, 03:58 PM   #28
SaiKaiTai

Bikes:
Yes, we must be getting close. Wait! That's today! Alright, let's have it, then
SaiKaiTai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-07, 11:04 PM   #29
Stringrazor
ReNewing Rider

Bikes: old 10-speed...
I definitely like it! The Pilot 1.2 has been updated a bit from what's shown on the website. It has a paired spoke wheel instead of the ones shown in the website image. I don't remember the position indicators on the shifters but I could have missed them when I demo'd the bike. The seat (as someone warned me) isn't the most comfortable but I'll either get used to it or change it out. I was only able to ride for about 45 minutes before it got dark but with the hills I live around, that was enough to shift through most of the gears more than once.

What's the deal with helmuts? At Sports Chalet, they were $80-100 but the same make (Bell) with what looked like the same level of protection but less areodynamic-looking at Big 5 was $25. I'm not out to impress so I bought the $25 one.

I'm gonna want a cycle computer mostly to keep track of distance traveled. Of course the more I looked at different models the more features I wanted. My buddy likes his HR1000 and recommended it but as an IT geek, it bothers me that I can't upload data. I've been looking at the Polar CS200cad but reviews here are all over the place. Anyway, a cycle computer will be my next purchase.

As luck would have it, I'll be out of town from Sun-Fri for the next 2 weeks (at least) for work so I'm not gonna get to ride a lot.

The LBS owner said to bring it back for adjustment after about 10 rides. I think I'll drive to some flatland and ride tomorrow.

Last edited by Stringrazor; 05-04-07 at 11:21 PM.
Stringrazor is offline   Reply With Quote