Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Thread: Another project

My Bikes
    Specilized Expedition, 80's Trek 930/rigid fork/commuter build. Falcon Europa
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another project

I just bought a falcon Model Europa, it has 105's in the rear, ,I can't tell what type of front derailer, a falcon
    stronglight crank,shimano down tube shifters and shimano clippless pedals. This bike was filthy picked it up for $25.00 first thing i did when i got home was cleaned it up to find a beautiful black lugged steel frame with just a few slight scratches. I found it while doing my morning ride at a garage sale. What i can see is it needs to be taken apart and deep cleaned, new tires, change the bar, and tuned. My question is does anybody have and idea of about what year it might be. I checked Sheldon Brown but they don't talk about the Europa model. thanks any information is always appreciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know how good it feels to find something for cheap or free and find a jewel under all the dirt. Try asking on the Classic and Vintage forum, someone there is bound to have some info.

Oh, and welcome to BF.

My Bikes
    2007 Trek Madone 5.0 WSD - 2007 Trek 4300 WSD - 2008 Trek 520
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis
    I know how good it feels to find something for cheap or free and find a jewel under all the dirt. Try asking on the Classic and Vintage forum, someone there is bound to have some info.

Oh, and welcome to BF.

Why can't I find bikes like this? On the park bike ride this morning one of the fellows turned up with a Trek 700 Multi-track that he picked up for $5.00 at a garage sale. He said he put new tires on it and still has some cleaning to do but he was able to ride it this morning. It appeared to be in good shape.
    =============================================================
    My cancer updates:
    https://www.mylifeline.org/beverlyow...=myupdates.cfm

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
    -- Antonio Smith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep. Still waiting to find that lugged Italian frame in my neighbors trash. 50cm of course.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chris and I passed on an old Western Flyer 10 speed yesterday afternoon. Lugged steel frame, bike weighed about 40 pounds though. Western Flyer was Montgomery Wards house brand was it not? Or was it Western Auto's?
    It's all downhill from here. Except the parts that are uphill.