Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Now I'm thinking of putting up The Diego for sale...

Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Now I'm thinking of putting up The Diego for sale...

Old 05-01-07, 01:26 PM

Bikes: 2015 Scissortail hardtail MTB, 2013 XL Longbike USS recumbent, 2010 Hans Schneider steel randonneur road bike, 2005 Surly LHT;

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DnvrFox
Before you buy a new bike, I think you need to buy a garage door first. How else are we going to be able to see it?
Is there a Forum for Garage Door aficionados?
Old 05-01-07, 03:00 PM

Bikes: Canyon Endurace SLX 8Di2

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 510 Post(s)
Liked 30 Times in 14 Posts
I fear we will lose DG. First the 3900 and now the Diego, sounds like a guy getting ready to become a twice a month rider to me. Say it ain't so DG!
Old 05-01-07, 05:39 PM
I need more cowbell.

Bikes: 2015 Specialized Sirrus Elite

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by howsteepisit
I fear we will lose DG. First the 3900 and now the Diego, sounds like a guy getting ready to become a twice a month rider to me. Say it ain't so DG!
It ain't so!

Proud member of the original Club Tombay
Old 05-01-07, 09:14 PM
His Brain is Gone!

Bikes: RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Great Deal!

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/bik/321380584.html

I would have loved to have found that deal.

The following one is one that might be something of interest to you:

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/bik/319762459.html

There are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me. Bruce Cameron - Denver Post
Old 05-01-07, 09:17 PM
His Brain is Gone!

Bikes: RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by howsteepisit
Not to worry. DG is about to buy a Harley!

There are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me. Bruce Cameron - Denver Post
Old 05-01-07, 10:18 PM

Bikes: Spec Roubaix Expert, Cannondale CAAD12, Jamis Quest ELite, Jamis Dragon Pro, Waterford ST-22

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
I really enjoy my steel bikes - a Trek 520 (old) and Bianchi Volpe (new). I ride them much more frequently than my CF Trek 5200 because they ride so well and feel so good, hence I tend to relax and enjoy the ride more. Have you considered a nice mid-range steel road bike, either new or used?
Old 05-01-07, 11:06 PM
I need more cowbell.

Bikes: 2015 Specialized Sirrus Elite

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mtnroads
I really enjoy my steel bikes - a Trek 520 (old) and Bianchi Volpe (new). I ride them much more frequently than my CF Trek 5200 because they ride so well and feel so good, hence I tend to relax and enjoy the ride more. Have you considered a nice mid-range steel road bike, either new or used?
As a matter of fact, I'm thinking of retesting the Volpe. Could be a great all-round bike, even a touring bike. (Not that touring is all THAT important. Just sayin')

Proud member of the original Club Tombay
Old 05-01-07, 11:48 PM
His Brain is Gone!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I've admired the Volpe a couple of times. While it's a traditional design, I find it very attractive. That unusual green color (Gang Green!!?!), the thin steel tubing, the slightly wider & knobbier tires, the upswept stem. It works for me.

Alas, I could never ride one, given it's standard geometry and drop bars. It would be a lovely & painful relationship.

Old 05-02-07, 12:41 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil
Alas, I could never ride one, given it's standard geometry and drop bars.
Well, based on what you're riding in your avatar, Tom, I can see where "standard anything" would seem like a pain!

Last edited by Big Paulie; 10-04-07 at 09:55 AM.
Old 05-02-07, 05:27 AM
just keep riding

Bikes: 2018 Black Mountain Cycles MCD,2017 Advocate Cycles Seldom Seen Drop Bar, 2017 Niner Jet 9 Alloy, 2015 Zukas custom road, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB, 1980ish Fuji S-12S

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Digital Gee
As a matter of fact, I'm thinking of retesting the Volpe. Could be a great all-round bike, even a touring bike. (Not that touring is all THAT important. Just sayin')
The Volpe looks like a good "do it all" bike. I've heard lots of good comments about it. That appears to be the same frame as on Cheese Flavor's Bianchi single speed.
Old 05-03-07, 01:10 AM

Bikes: Spec Roubaix Expert, Cannondale CAAD12, Jamis Quest ELite, Jamis Dragon Pro, Waterford ST-22

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil
I've admired the Volpe a couple of times. While it's a traditional design, I find it very attractive. That unusual green color (Gang Green!!?!), the thin steel tubing, the slightly wider & knobbier tires, the upswept stem. It works for me.

Alas, I could never ride one, given it's standard geometry and drop bars. It would be a lovely & painful relationship.
Actually the ergos are quite comfortable. I normally ride a 54cm, but I got the Volpe in a 55 (closest size) and the larger frame size resulted in bars a good 1-2 " above seat height. I slapped a tan Brooks B17 on it and it looks great and rides awesome. I always find road bars more comfortable than flat bars and with the good ergos this bike is way more comfortable than a hybrid or mtn bike. Truly a great all-rounder at a very reasonable price.