Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Must Have Been the Shaved Legs

Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Old 05-02-07, 08:41 AM
Ride Daddy Ride

Bikes: 1983 Trek 720; 1983 Trek 620; 1989 Gi Cannondale Bad Boy Ultra; LeMond Victoire; Bike Friday Pocket Rocket Pro

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I was recruited as a last-minute replacement as the mountain bike rider on a triathlon team this weekend. The ride wasn't technically challenging--a 10-mile flat, gravel rail trail--which is good, since I rarely ride difficult trails. Actually, I almost never ride my mountain bike at all.

Anyway, the times were just announced, and I won the master's category in the cycling class. Might have to shave again before my senior games race on May 13. Or maybe I should just retire and rest on my laurels. I think I'm gonna get my butt whipped when I face real competition.
Old 05-02-07, 08:44 AM
Version 7.0

Bikes: Too Many

Mentioned: 297 Post(s)
Quoted: 1319 Post(s)
Liked 2,411 Times in 1,405 Posts
Great race and congratulations. Keep shaving...it is the easiest part of bike racing.
Old 05-02-07, 08:45 AM
Senior Member ??

Bikes: 2007 Trek Madone 5.0 WSD - 2007 Trek 4300 WSD - 2008 Trek 520 - 2014 Catrike Trail

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jet Travis
I was recruited as a last-minute replacement as the mountain bike rider on a triathlon team this weekend. The ride wasn't technically challenging--a 10-mile flat, gravel rail trail--which is good, since I rarely ride difficult trails. Actually, I almost never ride my mountain bike at all.

Anyway, the times were just announced, and I won the master's category in the cycling class. Might have to shave again before my senior games race on May 13. Or maybe I should just retire and rest on my laurels. I think I'm gonna get my butt whipped when I face real competition.

I'm sure those shaved legs have made you just as fast as lightening

You'll need to keep them shaved for the senior games. BTW - has the wife noticed yet?

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
-- Antonio Smith
Old 05-02-07, 08:48 AM
Banned.

Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Is the theory the more you shave the faster you go?

If so . . . . .

Congrats!
Old 05-02-07, 08:50 AM
Ride Daddy Ride

Bikes: 1983 Trek 720; 1983 Trek 620; 1989 Gi Cannondale Bad Boy Ultra; LeMond Victoire; Bike Friday Pocket Rocket Pro

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Beverly
I'm sure those shaved legs have made you just as fast as lightening

You'll need to keep them shaved for the senior games. BTW - has the wife noticed yet?
Nobody's noticed.
Old 05-02-07, 12:07 PM
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Thats it. Next event and you go up a grade.

Spike Milligan
Old 05-02-07, 12:37 PM

Bikes: Cannondale T800, Marin Hybrid

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
That's great. Must be the legs thing. Are we going to be spending more time on our mountain bike now?
Old 05-02-07, 01:43 PM
His Brain is Gone!

Bikes: RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
For the big event, I think you should shave your head too!

There are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me. Bruce Cameron - Denver Post
Old 05-02-07, 02:26 PM
Happy Rider

Bikes: Gold Rush, Moots compact, Bike Friday Pocket Crusoe

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Maybe the more of your body you shave, the faster you will become, Slick.
Old 05-02-07, 04:27 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Butt whipped...is that a dessert topping?
Old 05-02-07, 09:13 PM
Let's do a Century

Bikes: Cervelo R3 Disc, Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Lynskey GR260 Ultegra

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 651 Post(s)
Liked 879 Times in 408 Posts
Congrats on the great finish!!
Old 05-02-07, 10:07 PM
His Brain is Gone!

Bikes: RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Yes Congrats!

I just reread your post. The "mountain bike" portion of a triathlon event was 10 miles on a rail trail???

You could have ridden a road bike!
Old 05-03-07, 12:41 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 4 Posts
Well done, JT.