Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Topeak Customer Service

Last Monday, I managed to break the mounting bracket on my old Mountain Morph frame pump. The bracket is configured somewhat like a radiator hose clamp with a small platform. A matching part on the pump slides into the platform with and clicks into place. This mounting system worked well for a long time until I broke the hose clamp assembly. Also, for what it's worth, the Mountain Morph does well with either schraders or prestas and will get 120 psi in my 700 x 25's.

I got on the internet and created an "account" with Topeak and submitted a "ticket" in which I asked if the hose clamp assembly was still available. I received an e-mail the next day from a fellow by the name of Nick, who said that a new bracket is on the way.

In today's post, I received not only a new style bracket but also a new hose and connector and the innards for the presta/schrader connector.

This is superior customer service!!

Quite frankly, I wasn't expecting much by submitting a "ticket" via e-mail, based on experience at work of submitting "tickets" to the IT group.

I am pleasantly surprised and duly impressed!

John

My Bikes
    Kvale, Peugeot, Cervelo, Bridgestone
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's great to hear! I just ordered a Topeak pump and seat bag earlier today.

My Bikes
    2006 Marin Lucas Valley Compact, 2010 Specialized TriCross
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is great news!! I am a huge fan of Topeaks products. Great product line! Now I know I will be taken care of in the event somehting should break.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They've done similar things for me twice--I blew up the chuck on a cheap Topeak pump and couldn't find a replacement, so I e-mailed and asked if I could buy one directly. They sent a new one free. A few months ago I had another problem, can't remember what it was, and it was the same deal--I asked if they could tell me where to get a part and they sent it immediately.

My Bikes
    Leader home built hardtail, Diamondback Response
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Topeak is famous for superior customer service. They deserve a lot of our business.

It also helps that they make some pretty good products.

My Bikes
    '04 Trek 2300; '06 Bianchi Pista; '57 Maclean; '10 Scott CR1 Pro; 2005 Trek 2000 Tandem; '09 Comotion Macchiato Tandem; 199? Novara Road
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you get your service through Todson? I've been trying to get a replacement screw for the mounting band for my Morph for about a month. They responded very quickly and asked if it is the plastic screw, but nothing happened after I told them. I've asked twice since and get acknowledgements, but no screw.
    So I'm not too impressed by their service.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recently bought a Joe Blow Sprint floor pump and it leaked through the Schrader side of the twin head the first time I tried to use it. I wasn't thrilled that a brand-new pump didn't work, but filing a "ticket" resulted in a new pump head in the mail within a few days. It was good customer service, but a little quality control would be ever better. (I also have two Road Morphs that I love.)

My Bikes
    Seven Ti Tandem, Blue T12 tri bike, 92 Paramount, 93 Schwinn Mesa MTB, Trek 520 tourer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great, now you tell me this, after I bought a new Mini-morph because I let the little rubber grommet on the business end of the pump bounce into a creek.
    Most economic fallacies derive from the tendency to assume that there is a fixed pie, that one party can gain only at the expense of another.....Milton Friedman

My Bikes
    GT Edge Titanium, Mercian Vincitore, Masi Gran Criterium, GT Zaskar, Hercules 3-Speed, KHS Flight Team
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another vote for Topeak / Todson superior customer service! My wife lost the cap to here Road Morph, so I called their toll-free number to buy one . . . and they sent a new one at no charge!

Louis (the owner of Topeak) is quite a character, and a very creative engineer, and the folks at Todson do a great job of distribution for the U.S. market!

Best Regs,
    Rick / OCRR

My Bikes
    Seven Ti Tandem, Blue T12 tri bike, 92 Paramount, 93 Schwinn Mesa MTB, Trek 520 tourer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow. I just requested replacement parts for my first Mini-morph, and within an hour I have a message that they are on the way. Great service from those folks. So now I have two mini-morphs.
    Most economic fallacies derive from the tendency to assume that there is a fixed pie, that one party can gain only at the expense of another.....Milton Friedman

My Bikes
    Cannondale R600
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had two very positive experiences with them as well (that match my two Road Morph pumps)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I may have to write them with a phantom complaint, just to enjoy thier great customer service!

My Bikes
    2007 Trek Madone 5.0 WSD - 2007 Trek 4300 WSD - 2008 Trek 520
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Paulie
    I may have to write them with a phantom complaint, just to enjoy thier great customer service!
    Maybe if you complain about not owning one they will send you one
    =============================================================
    My cancer updates:
    https://www.mylifeline.org/beverlyow...=myupdates.cfm

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
    -- Antonio Smith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beverly
    Maybe if you complain about not owning one they will send you one
    Oh, but I do own one! All the more enticement to fabricate some calamity...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Topeak is famous for customer service because they get a lot of practice at it. Witness the replys on this thread and others about Topeak service and how many people need it. I like Topeak and use their pocket tools and a Road Morph, but it would be nice if they built a little more durability in to that pump clamp.
    Dennis T

My Bikes
    Trek 1200c, BMC Streetfire, Gary Fisher Wahoo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by doctor j
    submitting "tickets" to the IT group.
    Tim
    Singing Do Wah Ditty, Ditty Dum Ditty Do