Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

My Bikes
    1983 Trek 720; 1983 Trek 620; 1989 Gi Cannondale Bad Boy Ultra; LeMond Victoire; Bike Friday Pocket Rocket Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Must Have Been the Shaved Legs

I was recruited as a last-minute replacement as the mountain bike rider on a triathlon team this weekend. The ride wasn't technically challenging--a 10-mile flat, gravel rail trail--which is good, since I rarely ride difficult trails. Actually, I almost never ride my mountain bike at all.

Anyway, the times were just announced, and I won the master's category in the cycling class. Might have to shave again before my senior games race on May 13. Or maybe I should just retire and rest on my laurels. I think I'm gonna get my butt whipped when I face real competition.
    "Light it up, Popo." --Levi Leipheimer

My Bikes
    Too Many
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great race and congratulations. Keep shaving...it is the easiest part of bike racing.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Einstein

My Bikes
    2007 Trek Madone 5.0 WSD - 2007 Trek 4300 WSD - 2008 Trek 520
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Travis
    I was recruited as a last-minute replacement as the mountain bike rider on a triathlon team this weekend. The ride wasn't technically challenging--a 10-mile flat, gravel rail trail--which is good, since I rarely ride difficult trails. Actually, I almost never ride my mountain bike at all.

Anyway, the times were just announced, and I won the master's category in the cycling class. Might have to shave again before my senior games race on May 13. Or maybe I should just retire and rest on my laurels. I think I'm gonna get my butt whipped when I face real competition.

I'm sure those shaved legs have made you just as fast as lightening

You'll need to keep them shaved for the senior games. BTW - has the wife noticed yet?
    =============================================================
    My cancer updates:
    https://www.mylifeline.org/beverlyow...=myupdates.cfm

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
    -- Antonio Smith

Send email to dnvrfox@aol.com for new group
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the theory the more you shave the faster you go?

If so . . . . .

Congrats!
    Gone - email me at dnvrfox@aol.com for new group of old 50+ folks

My Bikes
    1983 Trek 720; 1983 Trek 620; 1989 Gi Cannondale Bad Boy Ultra; LeMond Victoire; Bike Friday Pocket Rocket Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beverly
    I'm sure those shaved legs have made you just as fast as lightening

You'll need to keep them shaved for the senior games. BTW - has the wife noticed yet?
    Nobody's noticed.
    "Light it up, Popo." --Levi Leipheimer

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats it. Next event and you go up a grade.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

My Bikes
    Cannondale T800, Marin Hybrid
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's great. Must be the legs thing. Are we going to be spending more time on our mountain bike now?

His Brain is Gone! Tom Bombadil's Avatar
    My Bikes
    RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the big event, I think you should shave your head too!
    "Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen." Louis L'Amour

There are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me. Bruce Cameron - Denver Post

Happy Rider
    My Bikes
    Gold Rush, Moots compact, Bike Friday Pocket Crusoe
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe the more of your body you shave, the faster you will become, Slick.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Butt whipped...is that a dessert topping?

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on the great finish!!

His Brain is Gone! Tom Bombadil's Avatar
    My Bikes
    RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes Congrats!

I just reread your post. The "mountain bike" portion of a triathlon event was 10 miles on a rail trail???

You could have ridden a road bike!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well done, JT.