Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Thread: N + 2

Muscle bike design spec robtown's Avatar
    My Bikes
    98 Giant CFR-TEAM, 00 Lemond, 08 Kestrel Evoke, 96 Colnago Master Olympic, 01 Colnago Ovalmaster, Raleigh Gran Sport, 03 Fuji World, 86 Paramount, 90 Miyata CF, 09 Ritchey Breakaway CX, Bianchi Trofeo, 12 HyperLite
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

N + 2

Oh no - i've juggled my bikes and am selling the hybrid I worked so hard to fix up. The real problem is I've seen within 15 minutes a $200 recumbent and a $150 Dahon folder both in the town I work in.

On top of the Miyata carbon fiber frame I'm converting to ss/fixie. $200 for headset, carbon fork, stem and spacers
    Korval is Ships
    See my Hyperlite 411 it's the photo model on OutRiderUSA web page

His Brain is Gone! Tom Bombadil's Avatar
    My Bikes
    RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seeing them and drooling over them is still a violation of the law.

You must buy to obey the law.

And then, buy again.

Muscle bike design spec robtown's Avatar
    My Bikes
    98 Giant CFR-TEAM, 00 Lemond, 08 Kestrel Evoke, 96 Colnago Master Olympic, 01 Colnago Ovalmaster, Raleigh Gran Sport, 03 Fuji World, 86 Paramount, 90 Miyata CF, 09 Ritchey Breakaway CX, Bianchi Trofeo, 12 HyperLite
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil
    Seeing them and drooling over them is still a violation of the law.

You must buy to obey the law.

And then, buy again.

At the community yard sale I got a junker Fuji Regis road bike, an indexed 12 speed Giant 23.5" with aero brake levers and 700 wheelset, and a 20" TREK 820 Antelope w/panarcefor a total of $70. I flipped the Fuji for $75 today to a dad and kid who were elated to get it. The Giant is nice enough that I may commute with it a while before selling. The TREK is shifting rough so I'll have some work to do.
    Korval is Ships
    See my Hyperlite 411 it's the photo model on OutRiderUSA web page

My Bikes
    Bacchetta Corsa, RANS Stratus XP
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, the tinkering part of this hobby is proving to be more fun than I ever expected. And since I spend so much time riding, I seem to have more money to blow on whatever, so why not on bike stuff?

The only real problem is that with an 18 foot boat and 5 recumbent bicycles in it, my garage is kinda full these days....
    Bud
    * 2009 RANS XStream
    * 2007 RANS Stratus XP
    * 2006 Bacchetta Corsa
    My Blog - uneasy-rider.com

They told me it's ok to post mileage over in the commuting forum, so you'll probably find me there these days.