Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A Sunday ride with a BF'ers new LeMond

Got a couple nice rides in this weekend near Sugarloaf Mt. in Maryland, a solo 56'er on Saturday and a 48'er with my wife and fellow 50+ BF'er, tlc20010 (the Grampster). He recently bought a LeMond Buenos Aires - I took a picture of that beauty along w/ a few shots along the route.

The Grampster with his new baby:

Slicing through the wind:

New helmet to go with the bike:

Roadside scene:

With the wind blowing yesterday, there was green waves of grain (as Grampster says, give it a few months and they will be amber):

With his new stead and the loss of 25 lbs., Grampster was climbing like a billy goat:

Another roadside scene:

Approaching Sugarloaf Mountain:

Roadside attraction:

The way home:

Grampster was riding so well he didn't want it to end. So he supposedly missed a turn-off 'by accident', making me ride a couple of extra miles to chase him down. I could use a nap already this morning.

Bob

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great ride and pics too. Thanks for sharing.
    It's all downhill from here. Except the parts that are uphill.

bac
    My Bikes
    Too many to list!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Bob - you folks had some fun, eh?!? The pix are great - thanX for posting. They may have just made my day.

... Brad

My Bikes
    Used Marin MTB, New 6/06 Scott Contessa Speedster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is sure pretty back there, love the pictures. And Gramps looks great on his new bike!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beautiful, just beautiful. And that LeMond is a beaut, too!
    '13 Felt Z3 - '08 Jamis Aurora Elite - ('07 Giant OCR C2)

His Brain is Gone! Tom Bombadil's Avatar
    My Bikes
    RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, very pretty. I spent many years in Morgantown, WV and frequently visited Maryland. Western Maryland is high on my list as a potential retirement location.

I bet the Grampster is loving how much he is doing nowadays. It would be interesting to read his perceptions of the new bike.
    "Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen." Louis L'Amour

There are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me. Bruce Cameron - Denver Post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil
    I bet the Grampster is loving how much he is doing nowadays. It would be interesting to read his perceptions of the new bike.
    He's too busy riding these days to deal with us mere mortals in BF. When he's not playing with his grandchildren, all he does is ride.

My Bikes
    2007 Trek Madone 5.0 WSD - 2007 Trek 4300 WSD - 2008 Trek 520
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great pictures. That looks like a great place to ride.
    =============================================================
    My cancer updates:
    https://www.mylifeline.org/beverlyow...=myupdates.cfm

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
    -- Antonio Smith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, it is a great place to ride. Usually more bikes than cars, but with yesterday's winds, not as many bikes as usual.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice. Thanks for the pics and report.

My Bikes
    Eddy Merckx SXM, LeMond Buenos Aires, Cannondale Road Warrior 1000 plus a couple of comforts (Specialized Crossroads and Giant Cyprus) and a beater mtb for around town.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to Bobby C for the pics and leading this wonderful route. He and Mrs. Bobby C make great riding companions.

The LeMond is a wonder of design and execution. I swear it has a little motor hidden inside of it somewhere that I can't find, because I don't believe I am as good a biker as it seems to make me. While I still don't love the hills, I don't dread them any more; and I am not bonked at the top. All that and a wicked cool paint job.......
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
    --Ben Franklin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Outrageously inviting photos!
    Oh I used to be disgusted and now I try to be amused. But since their wings have got rusted, you know, the angels wanna wear my red shoes. But when they told me 'bout their side of the bargain, that's when I knew that I could not refuse. And I won't get any older, now the angels wanna wear my red shoes.

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is raining new bikes around here!!! Congrats!

My Bikes
    Eddy Merckx SXM, LeMond Buenos Aires, Cannondale Road Warrior 1000 plus a couple of comforts (Specialized Crossroads and Giant Cyprus) and a beater mtb for around town.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jppe
    It is raining new bikes around here!!! Congrats!
    Hey JPPE, I am going to be in Charlotte in mid-June with the LeMond, suppose we could hook up for a ride???

Tim
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
    --Ben Franklin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BSLeVan
    Outrageously inviting photos!
    Well anyone in the Washington DC area or anyone visiting are always invited for a ride. While the scenery is nice, the riding conditions (i.e. lack of cars) is even better. Come one, come all!

My Bikes
    2006 Lemond Tourmalet triple
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby c
    With his new stead and the loss of 25 lbs., Grampster was climbing like a billy goat:
    I test rode a Zurich a while back. Same frame and wheels. It was the best climbing bike I've ever ridden. Lemond has a winner in the Min/Max frame. Losing that 25 lbs. helps too.
    Starve a terrorist - ride a bike to work. It's not just good for the environment, it's good for civilization.

My new blog is No Pinch Flats.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotAsFat
    I test rode a Zurich a while back. Same frame and wheels. It was the best climbing bike I've ever ridden. Lemond has a winner in the Min/Max frame. Losing that 25 lbs. helps too.
    Yeah, I rode the Zurich and the Versailles and settled for the Buenos Aires based on lots of technical stuff (components, weight, price) but mostly because it looks so cool and the lbs gave me a great deal. You are right about the climbing, the bike makes it (almost) fun to attack a hill....at least I no longer dread the prospect.
    --Ben Franklin