Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A Jersey for the 50+ Crowd

Since it seems that many of us don't like the tight fit of most of today's cycling jerseys I thought this might interest some of you.

It appears that it fits more like a T-shirt and even though it doesn't have real bike pockets in the rear, it does have a zippered pocket that is probably workable for most of us. And, it's on sale....at least for a little while. I'm going to try one.

http://www.rei.com/product/747433

My Bikes
    GF Wahoo '05, Trek T1000 '04, Lemond Buenos Aires '07
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a mountain biking shirt. It requires a Camelbak attached to the back. Just sayin'.

After looking at my posted photo, what I need is some sort of maternity biking jersey. Maybe Beverly can advise us.

My Bikes
    2007 Trek Madone 5.0 WSD - 2007 Trek 4300 WSD - 2008 Trek 520
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Weak Link
    It's a mountain biking shirt. It requires a Camelbak attached to the back. Just sayin'.

After looking at my posted photo, what I need is some sort of maternity biking jersey. Maybe Beverly can advise us.
    You might not like the available colors
    http://www.teamestrogen.com/categories.asp?catID=21
    =============================================================
    My cancer updates:
    https://www.mylifeline.org/beverlyow...=myupdates.cfm

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
    -- Antonio Smith

My Bikes
    1983 Trek 720; 1983 Trek 620; 1989 Gi Cannondale Bad Boy Ultra; LeMond Victoire; Bike Friday Pocket Rocket Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's just great. A snootful of pinot noir just went out my nose and all over my keyboard. Glad it was the cheap stuff.
    "Light it up, Popo." --Levi Leipheimer

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gee, I am all messed up. I though it was OK to use a Camelbak while road riding and commuting not just mountain biking. Glad you set that straight.

My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a mountain biking shirt. It requires a Camelbak attached to the back.
    huh?
    The more you ride your bike, the less your ass will hurt.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BluesDawg
    huh?
    Everyone knows you can't hold no groove if you ain't got no pocket.

Translation: That little compartment in the back would not hold the necessary cell phone, wallet, car keys, sports towel, ClifBars, camera, and laptop that you would need for an epic ride. You'd have to have a Camelbak to stow all that stuff. Hence it's a MTB shirt.

I'm old and set in my ways, but I'd be willing to try to accept someone with a Camelbak on a group road ride. Even though deep down I'd think they were a pervert.

My Bikes
    1983 Trek 720; 1983 Trek 620; 1989 Gi Cannondale Bad Boy Ultra; LeMond Victoire; Bike Friday Pocket Rocket Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm old and set in my ways, but I'd be willing to try to accept someone with a Camelbak on a group road ride. Even though deep down I'd think they were a pervert.
    You're the pervert. I'm suing you for pinot noir damage to my keyboard.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone knows you can't hold no groove if you ain't got no pocket.

Translation: That little compartment in the back would not hold the necessary cell phone, wallet, car keys, sports towel, ClifBars, camera, and laptop that you would need for an epic ride. You'd have to have a Camelbak to stow all that stuff. Hence it's a MTB shirt.

Are you calling me a pervert? I've been called a lot of things in my life but never a pervert

I love my Camelbak on those long group rides
    My cancer updates:

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
    -- Antonio Smith

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beverly
    Are you calling me a pervert? I've been called a lot of things in my life but never a pervert

I love my Camelbak on those long group rides
    There's nothing wrong with that.

My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kind of a stretch. One pocket and a slightly larger saddle bag would hold what I usually haul down the road.
    My only problem with this shirt is that I don't see any advantage over jerseys available online for $20 to $25, sometimes less.

As for Camelbacks on road rides, I think they are OK if you are going to be out in the middle of nowhere without a chance to make a store stop within the time it takes you to drink 2 water bottles dry. What really seems silly to me is people I see using Camelbacks on organized rides with rest stops 10-20 miles apart. I don't even like having that weight on my back on the MTB if I can get by without it. But whatever works...

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's nothing wrong with that.
    Are you saying there's nothing wrong with being a pervert. You could have two lawsuits on your hands. Just sayin'.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm Ambien +10'. I'm no longer responsible for anything that comes out of this IP address.

I would have loved to have worn a Camelbak today. It was 85 and I was riding a very hilly trail. I went through two full bottles of PowerAde in the first 3 miles. If fact, it was the rate-limiting factor to the ride. I would have liked to have gone further but didn't want to be a heat casualty this early in the year.

Next time I'm taking my 1.7 liter (corrected it) MULE.

Not to derail the thread or anything.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Worry not. My focus is laser-sharp. I'm still suing for pinot noir damage to my keyboard.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Travis
    Worry not. My focus is laser-sharp. I'm still suing for pinot noir damage to my keyboard.
    I hear if you pour soda water on it, it comes out pretty well.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hear if you pour soda water on it, it comes out pretty well.
    Tried that. Now my mouse AND my keyboard don't work. You are so screwed.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm Ambien +10'. I'm no longer responsible for anything that comes out of this IP address.

I would have loved to have worn a Camelbak today. It was 85 and I was riding a very hilly trail. I went through two full bottles of PowerAde in the first 3 miles. If fact, it was the rate-limiting factor to the ride. I would have liked to have gone further but didn't want to be a heat casualty this early in the year.

Next time I'm taking my 1.7 liter (corrected it) MULE.

http://www.backcountry.com/store/CAM...on+pack+womens
    Of course my Camelbak is women specific equipment.

I'm not sure the Camelbak would have done much for my trip today. It was 50+ miles in a van who's air conditioning seems to have quit working
    My cancer updates:

-- Antonio Smith

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Besides being incredibly stylish and just plain cool, the Pixie Hydration Pack has dual front pockets....."

Camelbak got their start making military equipment, and now it's come to a 'cool Pixie Pack'?

This is just so wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I've learned something...had no idea that little zip-up pocket was an indicator that the shirt was designed for mountain biking/camel backs.

I'm going to try to get down to the Performance shop this week and see if their Classic cut jerseys are much looser than their standard cut.

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Requireing a camel back indeed. For the rides I do- I am thinking of a dromedary. One hump filled with Energy drink and the other one Pinot Noir.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

My Bikes
    Seven Ti Tandem, Blue T12 tri bike, 92 Paramount, 93 Schwinn Mesa MTB, Trek 520 tourer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those little handles on the push-down corkscrews can also be used as tire levers in a pinch and they will fit in a seat pack. I'm not sure if the make them CF though.
    Most economic fallacies derive from the tendency to assume that there is a fixed pie, that one party can gain only at the expense of another.....Milton Friedman

My Bikes
    1970s Royal Scot 3-Speed, 2005 Breezer Villager 7-Speed IGH
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Travis
    Er, if the PN did more damage to your keyboard than vice versa, perhaps some reconsidering of priorities is in order?

My Bikes
    Miyata 610, Vinco V, Rocky Mountain Element
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As for Camelbacks on road rides, I think they are OK if you are going to be out in the middle of nowhere without a chance to make a store stop within the time it takes you to drink 2 water bottles dry. What really seems silly to me is people I see using Camelbacks on organized rides with rest stops 10-20 miles apart.
    Friday I rode 75 miles without stopping every 10-20 miles to get water. That's why I wear a Camelbak.

Also, it can get really hot here, and I've got an insualted one that keeps the water cold for 4 hours. It's really cool (ha!) to be drnking cold water in the heat.

But hey, to each his own. You may need to stop more often and need an excuse.

Az

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Az B
    Friday I rode 75 miles without stopping every 10-20 miles to get water. That's why I wear a Camelbak.

Also, it can get really hot here, and I've got an insualted one that keeps the water cold for 4 hours. It's really cool (ha!) to be drnking cold water in the heat.

But hey, to each his own. You may need to stop more often and need an excuse.

Az
    "To each his own" said the old lady as she kissed the cow.

I don't need an excuse to stop. I'd rather stop and refill than carry the weight on my back. I'm usually ready for a stretch by that time anyway. If you would rather carry water than stop, or if there is nowhere convenient to stop, then a Camelbak is a good way to do it. Whatever blows your skirt up.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whatever blows your skirt up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast