Do I use too many commas?
    My Bikes
    Giant Yukon SE
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I Broke Down...

and purchased a pair of OCP style shorts. My first pair of non-baggy bike shorts Will this descent into darkness never end? Can't anyone save me? Will it be jerseys next? Will I too become a travelling billboard shilling for some loser company?

BTW, they are pretty comfortable. Trek "Club" on sale at the LBS.

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillisB
    and purchased a pair of OCP style shorts. My first pair of non-baggy bike shorts Will this descent into darkness never end? Can't anyone save me? Will it be jerseys next? Will I too become a travelling billboard shilling for some loser company?

BTW, they are pretty comfortable. Trek "Club" on sale at the LBS.
    I am hoping that these are Black. The pair I bought of shorts and top in about 96 were purple. The top is still my favourite but the shorts went opaque within a year. Will agree about the comfort on Trek clothing and hope you go back to the shop to get the top to go with them.

(My trek top was bought before the Bontrager name got tied up with Trek so Hope they are still as good)
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

My Bikes
    Giant Yukon SE
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stapfam
    I am hoping that these are Black. The pair I bought of shorts and top in about 96 were purple. The top is still my favourite but the shorts went opaque within a year. Will agree about the comfort on Trek clothing and hope you go back to the shop to get the top to go with them.

(My trek top was bought before the Bontrager name got tied up with Trek so Hope they are still as good)
    They are black.

The tops at this place are too pricy for my taste.

I am CHEAP! I won't buy from the LBS unless I can get it at on-line prices.

My Bikes
    GF Wahoo '05, Trek T1000 '04, Lemond Buenos Aires '07
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It gets worse. When I was in the LBS this Friday I looked very carefully at (gasp) roadie shoes. I use MTB shoes with cleats, but that extra 20 gm. slows me down, rotary crap and all that.

My Bikes
    Giant Yukon SE
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did buy a Selle San Marco Blaze saddle a few weeks ago. Carbon with Ti rails.

My Bikes
    Trek 1200c, BMC Streetfire, Gary Fisher Wahoo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Weak Link
    It gets worse. When I was in the LBS this Friday I looked very carefully at (gasp) roadie shoes. I use MTB shoes with cleats, but that extra 20 gm. slows me down, rotary crap and all that.
    Roadie shoes, bibs, new lycra! Even I rode yesterday in real lycra shorts and a jersey. My god we are all being sucked in. When will it stop
    Tim
    Singing Do Wah Ditty, Ditty Dum Ditty Do

My Bikes
    Leader home built hardtail, Diamondback Response
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Perhaps a crown of lightning bolts without a visor??? Color to match the bike?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man you should be attracting women with that short. I bought my first short last year from my LBS as well and what a difference it made in my ride and the jersey with a "TREK" label. it is so comfortable, I hardly sweat during rides. Bought another jersey from REI couple of weeks ago and that too was comfortable. I try to pick jerseys that are plain with no advertising printed on it. I don't want people stopping me to read the commercials on my jersey. Waiting for the shorts to go on sale so at least I have 2 sets that I can use. LBS is usually expensive but watch for the end of season or clearance sale, they are truly a bargain. I hate going to LBS, I always walk out with a purchase.

His Brain is Gone! Tom Bombadil's Avatar
    My Bikes
    RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I may have to petition BF to start a new "50+ Fred/Freida" forum, so I won't feel so lonely in my baggy shorts and/or long pants.
    "Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen." Louis L'Amour

There are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me. Bruce Cameron - Denver Post

My Bikes
    94 Giant ATX 760, 2001 Biachi Eros, 2005 Giant OCR2 Composite +
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I bought my first pair of lycra shorts, I wore baggy sweat shorts over them for a year. I felt a little embarrassed in them. And my first real road jersey was a large, my usual size, but it was too tight. It had advertising (mostly Mountain Dew and Subaru), but I liked the colors. Now that I have lost a little weight the lycra is the only way to go and the jersey is one of my favorites. There is a reason why sport-specific clothing is more comfortable: It's sport specific. The proper clothing HELPS you go faster and longer.

Give up. Come over to the dark side, Luke.
    Truth is stranger than reality.
    '96 Giant ATX 760 MTB
    '01 Bianchi Eros
    '05 Giant OCR Llimited Carbon Fiber + upgrades

SSP
    My Bikes
    Trek 5200, Specialized MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillisB
    and purchased a pair of OCP style shorts. My first pair of non-baggy bike shorts
    Unless the brand was uber-expensive (e.g., Assos), you most certainly did *not* buy OCP shorts.
    CycliStats.com - Software for Cyclists
    WeightWare.com - Weight Management Software

My Bikes
    Giant Yukon SE
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SSP
    Unless the brand was uber-expensive (e.g., Assos), you most certainly did *not* buy OCP shorts.
    I said "OCP style".

I am too cheap to buy true OCP gear.