Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  

Go Back   > >

Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

User Tag List

Old 05-26-07, 12:02 PM   #26
CrossChain

Bikes:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by John E
Sheldon has a great article on tire pressure. I weigh around 150lbs and normally run about 90-95 PSI front and 100-105 rear, which is pretty close to your practice. I have run higher pressures in the past, but I now prefer a bit more traction and a bit less skittishness over the bumps.
I weigh 165 and regularly run 95 rear/90 front in my 25's. Haven't pinch flatted in 2 years. The better grip and less road buzz make a noticable difference on the often poor road surfaces I ride.
CrossChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-07, 12:21 PM   #27
stonecrd
OnTheRoad or AtTheBeach

Bikes: Ridley Noah RS, Scott CR1 Pro
I keep mine inflated at 110 front and 120 rear. I ride on pretty nice roads and have no problems in cornering. In fact I try to ride pretty aggressive in the corners, never use the brake and try to keep as much speed as possible. The only interesting thing as to roads here is that at some of the intersections they have a 1-2' cobblestone section for affect. On those corners you need some caution when it rains as the stones seem more slippery when wet than the asphalt.

2013 Noah RS
stonecrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-07, 06:44 PM   #28
Garfield Cat

Bikes: Cervelo Prodigy
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
If you can get the good price, the Pro race 2's will be tough to beat for clinchers. Don't you just love the French? That and Mavic.
Garfield Cat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-07, 07:20 PM   #29
RockyMtnMerlin

Bikes: Merlin Extralight Topolino Wheels Campy Record
Still can't remember where I got the last 4, but just ordered 2 more from probikekit.
RockyMtnMerlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-07, 09:48 AM   #30
Garfield Cat

Bikes: Cervelo Prodigy
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Probikekit price for Michelin Pro Race 2 is about 28.00 plus or minus. This is tough to beat. Price / performance, good deal.
Garfield Cat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-07, 01:21 PM   #31
Bud Bent
Wheezing Geezer

Bikes: Bacchetta Corsa, RANS Stratus XP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfield Cat
Probikekit price for Michelin Pro Race 2 is about 28.00 plus or minus. This is tough to beat. Price / performance, good deal.
I love the Pro Race2's on both my Nimbus and Corsa. But Probikekit doesn't have the 650c's (which my Corsa uses) at that price. I bought mine at bikeisland.com, $68 for two, including shipping.
Bud Bent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-07, 02:40 PM   #32
bing181
Gios

Bikes: Pinarello Rokh, Look 586, Merckx Corsa 01
I've been on GP 3000's as well for a year or two, after I bought a batch from a guy who was closing up shop. I've managed to wear some of them out without ever having a flat, which is the big plus. Recently put on some new 4000 "s" .. you can certainly feel the difference, they're a lot zippier. Will try the ProRace 2's next time, as I'm curious. FWIW, there's quite a difference between the standard 4000 and the "s" version based on the figures I've seen. The "s" is lighter, has lower rolling resistance, and more grip .. which is what we need of course.

B
bing181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-07, 03:05 PM   #33
gfspencer

Bikes: Giant TCR Comp 1 Road Bike, Specialized Mountain Bike
I just bought a Giant TCR C1 and it came with Michelin Pro Race 2's. I like them a lot. I had been riding on Michelin Krylion Carbon Road tires. I can't tell a huge difference but I think I like the Pro Race 2's a little better. They're both very good tires. The Krylion Carbon Road tires are a little cheaper.
gfspencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-07, 09:37 AM   #34
bobby c
Bike Curious....

Bikes:
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfspencer
I just bought a Giant TCR C1 and it came with Michelin Pro Race 2's. I like them a lot. I had been riding on Michelin Krylion Carbon Road tires. I can't tell a huge difference but I think I like the Pro Race 2's a little better. They're both very good tires. The Krylion Carbon Road tires are a little cheaper.
Pictures please!
bobby c is offline   Reply With Quote