Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John E
    Sheldon has a great article on tire pressure. I weigh around 150lbs and normally run about 90-95 PSI front and 100-105 rear, which is pretty close to your practice. I have run higher pressures in the past, but I now prefer a bit more traction and a bit less skittishness over the bumps.
    I weigh 165 and regularly run 95 rear/90 front in my 25's. Haven't pinch flatted in 2 years. The better grip and less road buzz make a noticable difference on the often poor road surfaces I ride.

OnTheRoad or AtTheBeach stonecrd's Avatar
    My Bikes
    Ridley Noah RS, Scott CR1 Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I keep mine inflated at 110 front and 120 rear. I ride on pretty nice roads and have no problems in cornering. In fact I try to ride pretty aggressive in the corners, never use the brake and try to keep as much speed as possible. The only interesting thing as to roads here is that at some of the intersections they have a 1-2' cobblestone section for affect. On those corners you need some caution when it rains as the stones seem more slippery when wet than the asphalt.
    The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard and the shallow end is much too large

2013 Noah RS

My Bikes
    Cervelo Prodigy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you can get the good price, the Pro race 2's will be tough to beat for clinchers. Don't you just love the French? That and Mavic.

My Bikes
    Merlin Extralight Topolino Wheels Campy Record
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still can't remember where I got the last 4, but just ordered 2 more from probikekit.

My Bikes
    Cervelo Prodigy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probikekit price for Michelin Pro Race 2 is about 28.00 plus or minus. This is tough to beat. Price / performance, good deal.

My Bikes
    Bacchetta Corsa, RANS Stratus XP
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfield Cat
    Probikekit price for Michelin Pro Race 2 is about 28.00 plus or minus. This is tough to beat. Price / performance, good deal.
    I love the Pro Race2's on both my Nimbus and Corsa. But Probikekit doesn't have the 650c's (which my Corsa uses) at that price. I bought mine at bikeisland.com, $68 for two, including shipping.
    Bud
    * 2009 RANS XStream
    * 2007 RANS Stratus XP
    * 2006 Bacchetta Corsa
    My Blog - uneasy-rider.com

They told me it's ok to post mileage over in the commuting forum, so you'll probably find me there these days.

Gios
    My Bikes
    Pinnacle Rokh, Look 586, Merckx Corsa 01
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been on GP 3000's as well for a year or two, after I bought a batch from a guy who was closing up shop. I've managed to wear some of them out without ever having a flat, which is the big plus. Recently put on some new 4000 "s" .. you can certainly feel the difference, they're a lot zippier. Will try the ProRace 2's next time, as I'm curious. FWIW, there's quite a difference between the standard 4000 and the "s" version based on the figures I've seen. The "s" is lighter, has lower rolling resistance, and more grip .. which is what we need of course.

B

My Bikes
    Giant TCR Comp 1 Road Bike, Specialized Mountain Bike
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just bought a Giant TCR C1 and it came with Michelin Pro Race 2's. I like them a lot. I had been riding on Michelin Krylion Carbon Road tires. I can't tell a huge difference but I think I like the Pro Race 2's a little better. They're both very good tires. The Krylion Carbon Road tires are a little cheaper.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gfspencer
    I just bought a Giant TCR C1 and it came with Michelin Pro Race 2's. I like them a lot. I had been riding on Michelin Krylion Carbon Road tires. I can't tell a huge difference but I think I like the Pro Race 2's a little better. They're both very good tires. The Krylion Carbon Road tires are a little cheaper.
    Pictures please!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12